Author Topic: jigs up  (Read 5768 times)

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
Re: jigs up
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2019, 01:59:34 PM »
I always tell the kids at school that "I'm sorry" means not doing it again.   Let him back in but make him a numbers guy like 999001.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2019, 02:01:17 PM »
While I agree with some of the,"this is between you and HT in private" posts, I didnt see this as a way to "drag this out all over again". Yes, this is HTs world and his alone, that being said...we all LIVE in HTs world :uhoh It affected everyone in some ways, whether realized or not. I personally appreciated his apology too ALL in this community, for me...it speaks about his character. Thats just me though and its not in my control, I just respect the apology :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2019, 02:04:11 PM »
I always tell the kids at school that "I'm sorry" means not doing it again.   Let him back in but make him a numbers guy like 999001.
He WAS and would be STILL...after a readjustment period :rofl At least the Ki84 only has 4 guns...enough MONSTERS in game dont need another numbers guy :neener: He would probably pick something like 666,000 :eek:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2019, 02:17:47 PM »
While I agree with some of the,"this is between you and HT in private" posts, I didnt see this as a way to "drag this out all over again". Yes, this is HTs world and his alone, that being said...we all LIVE in HTs world :uhoh It affected everyone in some ways, whether realized or not. I personally appreciated his apology too ALL in this community, for me...it speaks about his character. Thats just me though and its not in my control, I just respect the apology :salute

I Couldn't agree more.  There's quite a few people here that are lucky they're not png'd at the moment.  Myself included for some of the dumb comments I've made.

He WAS and would be STILL...after a readjustment period :rofl At least the Ki84 only has 4 guns...enough MONSTERS in game dont need another numbers guy :neener: He would probably pick something like 666,000 :eek:
:rofl

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2019, 02:53:16 PM »
I'd agree with you, Coogan and 1stpar3 if it wasn't for this part:

then I made harmless joke, about the whole situation, because someone else posted the same questions about the viewing system........I said something...."that is a good way to ask....I woulda asked way different" something along those lines....and he deleted that post.....at the time...I was pretty much homeless living out of my shop with my 6 kids...life was extremely bad...wife and i always fighting....kids always fighting...no money...everything was crashing on me..the one place I had to let off steam was AH....and everything just....popped..... and I flipped out on him PUBLICLY here on the boards...

so NO I do not think an Email was the best course of action....I think a PUBLIC apology was the best course of actions.....

I most certainly took responsibility for my actions.....

by PUBLICLY apologizing...you know...taking responsibility for my actions.

hope that clears it up for you.

Essentially saying (justifiably) that he was at a truly crapulent point at the time, and making sure everybody on the boards knows about it.  The corollary that goes along with the above being that continuing the ban is continuing to kick a guy who was down at the time, while trying to come off as the better man by PUBLICLY apologizing.

That is what bugs me.  It just comes off as backhanded to me.  If it absolutely had to be public, I'd respect it a lot more if it had been a simple, "I screwed up, I've done some time, how about a second chance?" as opposed to the above.  It reads like it's there to get players on his side to make HT look bad unless he reinstates him.

As far as him coming back, I don't particularly care whether he does or not beyond being happy there's another competent enemy out there.  I don't mind Ink, I just don't like the way he went about it here, similar to how I didn't mind him before, and didn't like the way he left.

And if anyone takes exception to the above, don't worry.  Best part about it is, Ink doesn't need to convince anybody but HT.  All of this is just noise.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2019, 03:34:21 PM »
Ink touched me while i was in a Yak9T :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2019, 03:35:07 PM »

Wait ..... is that the real story behind you cpid?

BTW, I seem to be embracing the world of bombers/bomber gunning lately. It actually can be fun. Whodathunk?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2019, 03:36:48 PM »
If it's possible, I hope you and Mr. Addink can reach an understanding about this. It is something between you and him so has to be resolved in that manner. Otherwise, nice to see you back INK, will be nice to see you in the MA if that is possible.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2019, 04:21:38 PM »

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2019, 05:58:59 PM »
He had every right to make that statement after someone criticized him for publicly apologizing. I had  short little chat with INK today in the game I hope he is back to stay although his name is not Ink in the game. If he chooses to let it be known what his in game name is that is up to him.

Essentially saying (justifiably) that he was at a truly crapulent point at the time, and making sure everybody on the boards knows about it.  The corollary that goes along with the above being that continuing the ban is continuing to kick a guy who was down at the time, while trying to come off as the better man by PUBLICLY apologizing.

That is what bugs me.  It just comes off as backhanded to me.  If it absolutely had to be public, I'd respect it a lot more if it had been a simple, "I screwed up, I've done some time, how about a second chance?" as opposed to the above.  It reads like it's there to get players on his side to make HT look bad unless he reinstates him.

As far as him coming back, I don't particularly care whether he does or not beyond being happy there's another competent enemy out there.  I don't mind Ink, I just don't like the way he went about it here, similar to how I didn't mind him before, and didn't like the way he left.

And if anyone takes exception to the above, don't worry.  Best part about it is, Ink doesn't need to convince anybody but HT.  All of this is just noise.

Wiley.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2019, 06:55:28 PM »
Glad INK is back....Didn't know him much But I know he had a hard life.....I hope Hitech forgives him and they make peace.... :pray
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline BLINK

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2019, 08:11:55 PM »

Wiley.

:salute

I respect your opinion...yet I am old school...I have an issue I dont go behind closed doors.....especially if the issue was out in front...like it was...
I simply tried to explain the situation...without getting into detail...I certainly wasn't being backhanded....I wanted everyone to know I was sorry and ashamed of my actions...

HT has allowed me to stay on the Boards under Blink....which I very much appreciate.

I am ingame as MORTIS....and will be flying my Deaths Head ASAP....

have a whole new system now, no longer running xp....16 gigs of ram....quad core....needed to get it for creating games....running AH in the high 60 FPS, just need a stick for now...mouse flying...is....well crappy haha

:salute all

and Bruv I agree!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2019, 08:50:50 PM »
Very few people are past redemption, for which I am very grateful for. At any rate welcome back Mortis (Ink) look forward to seeing you in  your KI84 ( if I remember correctly ). :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2019, 02:12:06 AM »
It is good to see you back INK.  I wish you the best in your personal life struggles and I hope to see you in the game.   :salute

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2019, 02:30:42 AM »
Its not good at all, there are two many Americans in game as it it :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario