Author Topic: Battle of Tali-Ihantala -- the Finns fight on April 5th!  (Read 4262 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Battle of Tali-Ihantala -- the Finns fight on April 5th!
« on: March 21, 2019, 09:44:36 PM »
The Finns are having their annual get together, and we're running the Battle of Tali-Ihantala for them.

April 5th at 3 pm Eastern (22:00 Finland time), all are welcome to play.

------------------------------

It is the summer of 1944.  The Soviet Red Army is attacking along the Karelian Isthmus, and the Finnish forces are fighting back desperately.  The Finns are assisted by Air Detachment Kuhlmey and two Germany army units, but are vastly outnumbered by the Red Army.  Still, they hold and are fighting on their last line of defense -- the VKT line -- in what will be known as The Battle of Tali-Ihantala, the largest Nordic battle of WWII.

Please join us for fighter combat, bombing, and air attack as the Finnish Air Force and Luftwaffe battle the VVS in Karelia.  Bf 109G-6’s, FW 190A-5’s, Brewsters, and Ju 88’s vs. La-5’s, Yak-9T’s, P-39Q’s, Il-2’s, and Tu-2’s.

Many Finns, participating in their annual gathering, will be playing in this battle.  Come join the fun!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to The Battle of Tali-Ihantala!

All are welcome to play and to leave the battle at any time they wish.

This unlimited-live event runs Friday, April 5, in Special Events 2 arena, starting at 3 pm Eastern US time (22:00 Finnish time), and will be open to play for 3 hours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unlimited lives.  All welcome to play at any time of the battle.

Objectives:  Kill enemies.  Destroy enemy hangars (fighter, bomber, and vehicle) and bunkers (ammo, barracks, fuel, radar).

Side balance:  50/50

FAF and LW are knights:
-- Bf 109G-6’s, FW 190A-5’s, Brewsters, and Ju 88’s.
-- Active aircraft bases a26, v199, a39 (v199 allows fighters and attack planes).

VVS are bishops:
-- La-5’s, Yak-9T’s, P-39Q’s, Il-2’s, and Tu-2’s.
-- Active aircraft bases a29, v31, a102 (v31 allows fighters and attack planes).

+1 per kill
+3 per fighter, bomber, and vehicle hangar destroyed
+1 per radar, ammo, barracks, and ammo bunker destroyed

Sector counters only -- no dot radar.
Hangars and bunkers stay down for 8 minutes.
Auto ack is set to very low lethality (0.15).
Finland terrain.

Map:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:52:58 PM by Brooke »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Battle of Tali-Ihantala -- the Finns fight on April 5th!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 01:17:45 AM »
HEEELLL yeah! Thats gonna be one to remember! Dont believe I have ever had the chance to fly with them. Meeting new "frienemies" as a ++ Do we need to select our rides by signing up for a particular planes? Or is it more of a "come as you are"(like MA but with limited planes usable)? Eh..dont matter....I am in!!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 01:22:25 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 02:33:54 AM »
It's not at the best time for US players (3 pm Eastern), but all are welcome if they can make it.

You fly for whatever side you want except that we like number to be balanced 50/50.

So, if side numbers get uneven, it is appreciated for some folks to switch sides to even it up.

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 02:54:11 AM »
THX, Brooke!!! :salute
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 06:42:25 AM »

:D :D :D

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 07:45:26 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:D :D :D

That plane is pure terror! So I choose it for next months KOTH :angel:

I will try to be there :cheers:

(is this the same event as the Euro Con?)

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 10:53:04 AM »
(is this the same event as the Euro Con?)
No. The EuroCon takes place at the same time, though. One could argue about the timing. It was coincidental, we were given two dates by the facility and this one suited better for most of us. Agreed, we've lost at least one Finnish participant to the EuroCon and maybe one outside Finland but on the plus side there'll be a whole lot more Euro players online compared to most weekends. There's quite many cartoon pilots who only activate during the cons.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 10:58:27 AM »
This yank plans to attend. Brewster maybe?  :cheers:

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 12:05:49 PM »
If I find myself at home that night with nothing better to do I'll come and fly a sortie or two.     :cheers:

:airplane:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 08:58:15 PM »
Brooke, a big thank you from The Finnish community! It was only a small voice at first if we could have something to do together, and now you've made our biggest fantasies come true. You are The Best! <S>!
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2019, 11:34:33 PM »
Brooke, a big thank you from The Finnish community! It was only a small voice at first if we could have something to do together, and now you've made our biggest fantasies come true. You are The Best! <S>!

<S> to the Finns!

I am happy to do it, and big thanks to all you folks for being such a great part of Aces High.  :aok

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 03:36:40 AM »
Very nice..... or should I say Fintastic!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2019, 08:55:31 PM »
No. The EuroCon takes place at the same time, though. One could argue about the timing. It was coincidental, we were given two dates by the facility and this one suited better for most of us. Agreed, we've lost at least one Finnish participant to the EuroCon and maybe one outside Finland but on the plus side there'll be a whole lot more Euro players online compared to most weekends. There's quite many cartoon pilots who only activate during the cons.

Regardless I am very happy that there are enough players to hold two separate events, that's a good sing. I will hop by the other one for a few hours and meet some of the fokes that play the game. Maybe one day I make it to the Finnish one  :D

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 03:23:19 AM »
Will try to be there.  :salute
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W