Author Topic: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters  (Read 37092 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: Please perk or reduce the late war monsters
« Reply #270 on: March 29, 2019, 01:28:47 AM »
Do you think you're difficult to understand or is it the curious assumption that understanding your opinion mandates agreement?

I'm guessing you skimmed the thread.

Your guess is inaccurate.  I have read every one of the posts in this thread several times over as I have revisited it during its lifespan

You want other people to accept getting shot down more often. Another awesome plan.  :D

Where did I state that?  It appears you are making an assumption because you did not fully understand my comments.  If you did fully understand them you are simply being obtuse.  Look the meaning of the word up, I think it fits.

Try fighting each other in the match arena. Expert opponents, no running.   :aok

That is a great idea except for the fact that almost no one goes there.  Believe me I have asked and asked and asked and lately the only one who will go there is OWL.  And we seem to have a lot of fun with no abuse.

That gives you what you want, or is there more? 

oh I think there is always more

Edit: On the fun issue, is the mediocre pilot who escapes having fun?

Probably.  But there is more!!  Is it possible that the player could have MORE fun??  Here is the thing, as I stated earlier, restricting access to the D9 for that player does not stop him / her being able to employ the hit and run approach to the game.  It may make it harder for them to recover from an error and successfully escape.  That to me means that they can either go ultra cautious - not much of a change for them, or they will get a few more white knuckle, heart racing, sweaty palm fights.  That IMO would be a great thing because I believe we play the game for those moments.

Your assertion that I find the game too challenging and want to make it easier is perhaps an example of how you are misunderstanding the words I am writing.  I do not want to make it easier, I want to encourage air combat by reducing the ease of hit and run using very powerful machines.  Applying a perk to that machine would seem to be a reasonable way of achieving that goal as it leaves the plane available for use but likely reduces the frequency by way of a cost to use.

I am saying that there is a lack of parity in the fight and the use of a perk cost could help to level out that lack of parity in this particular instance.  Other aircraft are perked, this is not a solution without precedence.

For those of you who say we are trying to impose our preferred method of flying on others I would say this.  I enter the game looking for and hoping for air combat.  I assume other players who fly fighters do the same.  I accept there are different methods to achieve this and accept that hit and run is a valid tactic.  Now, given that, if I spend hours doing nothing but avoiding high speed passes where I am unable to get guns on the attacker because he is able to disengage with ease then pretty soon I get bored and log off.  What we are trying to do is find a common ground so neither side experiences the urge to log off.

So FLS
Edit: On the fun issue, is the mediocre pilot who escapes having fun?

On the fun issue, is the pilot being subjected to hours of swinging passes where he is unable to strike back having fun?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 01:30:33 AM by FESS67 »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #271 on: March 29, 2019, 01:48:12 AM »

Where did I state that?  It appears you are making an assumption because you did not fully understand my comments. ...

Right here.

What we woukd like to see is that pilot require more skill to stay alive rather than 'beast' their way out of trouble.  Surely that is not a bad thing.

Since the pilot lacks skill to win the fight and can't get away what's the likely outcome? Sounds to me like they should accept getting shot down. What did you really mean?

If pilots can't run away it makes shooting them down easier. That's clear isn't it?  So easier for the skilled pilots, harder for everyone else, but of course it's for their own good.  <snort>

I'll restate the thread. Some skilled pilots have less fun because they don't get kills they are entitled to by their skill.  Some less skilled pilots have fun they don't deserve to have because the planes are too fast.   :cry

What's the community split on pilot ability? Call it 20/80 for discussion?  HTC should adjust the game to favor the 20%? Good plan.  :D

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #272 on: March 29, 2019, 02:13:31 AM »
Right here.

Since the pilot lacks skill to win the fight and can't get away what's the likely outcome? Sounds to me like they should accept getting shot down. What did you really mean?

If pilots can't run away it makes shooting them down easier. That's clear isn't it?  So easier for the skilled pilots, harder for everyone else, but of course it's for their own good.  <snort>

I'll restate the thread. Some skilled pilots have less fun because they don't get kills they are entitled to by their skill.  Some less skilled pilots have fun they don't deserve to have because the planes are too fast.   :cry

What's the community split on pilot ability? Call it 20/80 for discussion?  HTC should adjust the game to favor the 20%? Good plan.  :D

My previous post set it out clearly that we are not advocating that the less skilled players become fodder.  Nor are we advocating that they should be able to roam the skies untouched because of the plane they are in being able to just get out of trouble at will.  What we are seeking is a balance for all.

I would say that is a good plan.

Why are the other planes perked and why should the D9 not be perked?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #273 on: March 29, 2019, 03:12:47 AM »
The planes that are perked were done so because data showed these planes to cause an imbalance in the game play.  The Dora has not shown to be in this category.  The data provided by Lusche has shown that the Dora is not the monster some claim it to be.

No offense to you or Violator but neither of you have shown any proof that the Dora needs to be perked or how the plane unbalances the game other than complain about those that don't fight how you feel they should play.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #274 on: March 29, 2019, 03:45:59 AM »
My previous post set it out clearly that we are not advocating that the less skilled players become fodder.  Nor are we advocating that they should be able to roam the skies untouched because of the plane they are in being able to just get out of trouble at will.  What we are seeking is a balance for all.

I would say that is a good plan.

Why are the other planes perked and why should the D9 not be perked?

The stated point of the wish is to prevent people currently getting away from getting away. 

Your last post was clear that less skilled players would indeed be fodder. Again that's the point of the wish.

You don't have a plan, good or bad. You have a wish for Hitech to to make you happy by changing how other people play.

The posted wish discusses why the 190D should be perked. So far there are no reasons worth spoiling other people's fun.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #275 on: March 29, 2019, 03:48:32 AM »

The stated point of the wish is to prevent people currently getting away from getting away. 

Your last post was clear that less skilled players would indeed be fodder. Again that's the point of the wish.

You don't have a plan, good or bad. You have a wish for Hitech to to make you happy by changing how other people play.

The posted wish discusses why the 190D should be perked. So far there are no reasons worth spoiling other people's fun.

Again,  Are you sure you read what I wrote?

I was pointedly clear that the intent was NOT for that to happen.  You are arguing for arguments sake.  You always have and always will.  There is simply no point in even trying to enter a discussion with you because you insist that I have some ulterior motive when I certainly do not.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2019, 04:02:02 AM »
Yeah the fact is Ack-Ack the game is simply not all that much fun anymore because we get more and more hit and run and less actual combat.  There has to be a balance, FLS please note I am saying again, balance.  I do not want some poor guy to be my fodder any more than I wish to be someone else's however I have no desire to just be target practice for fast movers.

The truth is, if the balance falls too heavily on either side the result is players not having fun and they leave.  Looking at an aircraft and having a discussion as to if it should be perked or not is a valid use of the forum.  Assuming we just want more kills is far from the truth however no matter how many times I say it you will not take it at face value.  That makes this discussion pointless.

Over the last few months I have removed all but 1 of my accounts from AH.  I am currently enjoying World of Warships again.  It is a far inferior game to AH but it is more fun because people fight.  How does your plan stack up when people leave due to being bored?

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #277 on: March 29, 2019, 05:14:09 AM »
The people who play a multiplayer game and demand 2 player game play REALLY confuse me.  We are not Chuck Norris.  The bad guys are not going to line up in an orderly fashion to fight us one at a time.

Wiley.

I never said that I want people to be in a 2 player game or anything related to that. I myself get most enjoyment out of the game when I fly with someone. And don't mind getting ganged. I am just bored with the 190's that I need to dodge from head on because they can't do anything other than that. And when I sneeze in there direction they teleport 3 sectors away and try again.

To come back to a point that was eirlier made why people would hate the idea of changing anything. I gave the example of the recent radar changes. But this thread is maybe even a better example in of itself for a suggestion made to correct the eny for certain planes run into 19 pages of opposition.

Other than that I also agree with everything FESS just said. If you want answers of what I think is best for the game, look there.

DutchVII
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 05:18:20 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #278 on: March 29, 2019, 06:41:27 AM »
The problem is you can't catch them in a slower plane? Fly a faster plane.

But you want to catch them while flying a slower plane. OK then, make everybody else change.

Good plan.  :D
Again a band aid on a bullet wound.

So what I get from this statement is “we can’t change there fun but you have to change yours so they can have fun”.
I also agree it’s a behavioral issue in the ma these days. But it’s not a bad idea to give them a lil higher eny. There are several that still play that can make a 51 dance and actually fight in them. Monster troggy fess fender are to name a few.  It there rare. There’s a band of hombres that ruin there name and making fighting them very redundant and boring. I can fly a 190 or a 51. I can do decent in it. But like others have said you coast with them they start running at 4K away. No offense to but that’s not my style and from the complaints of those hombres and rook yaks it seems most are frustrated with that type fighting. With the limited numbers now days you don’t have a lot of options on fight. There’s really never more then one fight on any one front so the same folks are all ways at that fight. Interject TWO COUNTRY WAR MAY ALSO HELP RESOLVE THAT ISSUE AS WELL.

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #279 on: March 29, 2019, 07:29:19 AM »
It is not the average pilot that makes the late war planes boring, it’s the experts who don’t fly anything but them that’s hurting  gameplay.  Spit 16s, p51ds, Dora’s, yak3s, LA7s, and F4U-1A..  that’s about the only fight you find anymore, perks and eny should be adjusted but so that if you have X number of kills you should have to pay more for them, lots more. 

Normal caveats: this is only my opinion and not meant to counter the self-appointed board monitors opinions on what is best for the game. 

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #280 on: March 29, 2019, 07:35:35 AM »
I would go with that Gflyer.

Shame to see your squad leave the game you were always a good fight.  IMO what made it good was we engaged and (for the most part) stayed engaged to the death. 

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #281 on: March 29, 2019, 08:29:23 AM »
if you have X number of kills you should have to pay more for them, lots more. 

Now there's a thought!

Perhaps it would discourage vulching....?

Score-mongers would complain bitterly, though.  I can hear it now:  "Why should I be penalized for being good?"

I like the idea, though.

- oldman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #282 on: March 29, 2019, 08:51:24 AM »
Again,  Are you sure you read what I wrote?

I was pointedly clear that the intent was NOT for that to happen.  You are arguing for arguments sake.  You always have and always will.  There is simply no point in even trying to enter a discussion with you because you insist that I have some ulterior motive when I certainly do not.

Didn't take you very long to attack me instead of my argument.

We all want balance. You want to define balance to suit your preference.

If nobody wants to leave the MA  to duel you what does that mean? It sounds like people are happy doing what they're doing and they don't want to fight your fight. Where do you set the balance when you can't get one other person to duel?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 09:23:58 AM by FLS »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #283 on: March 29, 2019, 09:43:02 AM »
There have been far to many rule # 4 violations in this thread to mod them all.
so this is cooked.

HiTech