Author Topic: TE bug work around  (Read 543 times)

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
TE bug work around
« on: March 18, 2001, 03:42:00 PM »
For most of you who have already contructed terrains, you probably already know this. For those of you who haven't, I suggest that you manipulate the terrain and the objects during separate editing sessions. What I mean by this is:

1. Start the editor and do your terrain editing. Make sure Autosave is running (I usually set it to 5 minutes, but I am paranoid in that regard). Once you have performed the terrain editing, close and save the terrain.

2. Re-open the TE and select edit objects. Now perform your editing objects operations (With Autosave on of course). If you notice any areas where the terrain isn't 'flat' that you missed or decide you need to add a base, just mark it down for a terrain editing session. When you have completed the objects editing portion of creating your terrains, close and save it.

I have found that the TE will crash on me after a few times of switching back and forth from editing the terrain to editing the objects. So just think of editing the terrain and editing the objects as 'different' sessions of running the TE and think you will find it much more stable. Hopefully this will save some of you new to the TE some grief. GL.

------------------
Sundog
VMF-111 Devildogs
MAG-33

'Criticism is always easier than craftmanship.'