Author Topic: flickering of town/field objects  (Read 2656 times)

Offline firebird

• Zinc Member
flickering of town/field objects
« on: March 27, 2019, 04:36:35 PM »
Hello, I am having an issue when on bombing missions. When looking through the bomb sight or any view really, the base objects/ town / strat objects "flicker". The higher alt i am the worse it is, such as 30k bombing strats. Not only flicker, but the models of the structures become very unclear and very hard to see what is destroyed and what structure is still alive. This makes it very hard when bombing to not drop on a structure that is already destroyed and wasting bombs.

I made 2 short AH flims of bombing a base at 10k alt, and a town at 15k alt. In the 10k base video it isint too bad. But you can see flickering of the auto guns on base. The 15k alt town run you can see major flickering of the buildings from any camera view "bomb sight" f8 view, gunner view. Strat runs at higher alt are worse, but i havint made a video of that yet.

I took a screen shot of my graphic settings, although ive tried many different graphic settings without any change that i can notice.

Please let me know if you need more info, Thanks <S>

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: flickering of town/field objects
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 04:57:29 PM »
Do you have 'anti-alias' enabled? Just curious.

Offline firebird

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 06:31:47 PM »
is that an option in AH3?

Offline firebird

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 06:33:38 PM »
there is some way to send a detailed report of my pc and stuff to yall. i forget how to do it

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 06:45:24 PM »
To contact HTC directly:  Support E-mail: support@hitechcreations.com

I'm just another player dweeb making a suggestion that may or may not work. It's on your clipboard under graphic settings:

Offline firebird

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 06:57:02 PM »
ok i see it now. yea i have all those turned off.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 07:28:00 PM »
Try enabling anti-alias.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 02:14:51 AM »
there is some way to send a detailed report of my pc and stuff to yall. i forget how to do it
Run DxDiag and send the report as an attachment. How to run DxDiag: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,71591.msg3215282.html#msg3215282
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline firebird

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 10:00:49 AM »
Here ya go

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 11:08:00 AM »
I don't know for sure but to me
Name: Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PMC - A121
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A121&SUBSYS_50011458&REV_31\3&11583659&0&FA
  Driver: n/a
looks suspicious. SM Bus says the same. Have you installed the dedicated motherboard drivers or just let Windows find what it can?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 01:48:05 PM »
Also if you have your object detail slider to the left could also do this.

HiTech

Offline firebird

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 03:36:07 PM »
""looks suspicious. SM Bus says the same. Have you installed the dedicated motherboard drivers or just let Windows find what it can?"".

Bizman, its been a few years since i built this pc and i can not remember what i did for the mobo drivers. Do you have any advice on which of the two options i should try? Or want me to check which driver i have installed somehow? Also, I had forgot about this but i had another thread on here awhile back where i was glitching and bases and towns would be floating in the air and i could fly under the ground "beneath" the towns. I dont have that problem anymore, but i noticed the flickering i had mentioned in that earlier post too and wonder if somehow these two issues are connected or could help pinpoint my issues with buildings flickering.

Hitech, Im about to log in and ill try changing my object slider scale while bombing at alt over a target to see if it has any effect on the flickering. I normally have all sliders set to max. Thanks for looking into this <S>

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 06:42:11 PM »
It wouldn't hurt to download the latest chipset drivers for your MB.

Offline firebird

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 09:08:23 PM »
Ok, i went to the gigabyte website and downloaded the app center. From there it shows a list of all drivers not installed. I tried installing everything, but when i restart my PC for the effects to take place it just shows that i still need to get the same list of drivers. Here is new DXdiag. next post will be more attachments

Offline firebird

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 09:10:56 PM »
Ok, #1 is list of drivers that show up after every restart. #2 shows the new chipset installed correctly, but it still says to install after every reset. I dont know what the hell is going on  :ahand