Author Topic: please fix the plane animation during stick stirring  (Read 1298 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
please fix the plane animation during stick stirring
« on: March 31, 2019, 12:05:23 PM »
Whenever a plane flip-flops all over the sky, can you please change the smoothing code to what it was with AH2?

So tired of trying to shoot planes that appear to move in impossible ways: backwards/forwards/negative g/positive g  - all in quick and random succession.  Planes appear to tumble every which way, as if controlled by a puppeteer.  The movements can't be what the pilots are doing because none of my planes can do these maneuvers.  It isn't a "skill" thing, it's a gamey exploit.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: please fix the plane animation during stick stirring
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 01:54:28 PM »
+1
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 03:00:17 PM »
Not an expert on the matter but I beleive some of the things you are seeing are due to latency or other network issues. My belief is that some of the airplanes ei 190 can roll so fast and change direction that on your screen it would appear as if it was skipping a bit.

I have noticed if you are fast enough in a k4 and pull your stick back and left plus right rudder it snap rolls nice and smooth on my end. However person behind you will see my k4 carwheel and or worse and I would get called out for warping etc on 200. Reviewing the video and doing a little resarch lead me to a conclussion that is all network related.

That is my uderstanding of the matter if im wrong someone correct me.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 03:32:48 PM »
Not an expert on the matter but I beleive some of the things you are seeing are due to latency or other network issues. My belief is that some of the airplanes ei 190 can roll so fast and change direction that on your screen it would appear as if it was skipping a bit.

I have noticed if you are fast enough in a k4 and pull your stick back and left plus right rudder it snap rolls nice and smooth on my end. However person behind you will see my k4 carwheel and or worse and I would get called out for warping etc on 200. Reviewing the video and doing a little resarch lead me to a conclussion that is all network related.

There needs to be animation in between movements.  Not an insta-flash from nose down to nose up.  It looks ridiculous. 

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 04:15:07 PM »

your about right however it never happened in AH2 hence the question why does it do it in the newer version. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 07:36:57 PM »
It's all about data rate I believe. Hitech cannot control the quality of the Internet outside of his own equipment.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 06:49:07 AM »
It's all about data rate I believe. Hitech cannot control the quality of the Internet outside of his own equipment.

No, it's not. I can play games such as IL2 or DCS against players from Russia or somewhere else across the planet, no such issue is present in those games.

Remember too it wasn't an issue in AH2.

It's ridiculous and absolutely unacceptable that this hasn't been fixed in however many years since AH was "revamped".

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 11:29:29 AM »
I believe at one time HT was asking for vids on this. Wonder if any were sent in. Must be AH video too.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 11:30:38 AM »
+1

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 12:35:12 PM »
It's much smoother than the previous big push to get something done about it. Now you can see them smoothly rolling left and right while pushing their nose out to mess with your aim. Pigs were chasing down a 262 last week and our target was doing it, it's possible even with the 262. More important, he was not loosing any speed due to his sustained use of the maneuver. When cons are engaging in this maneuver, I still hear on range the question of how can he maintain the same speed he was at before he entered into the sustained use of the maneuver.

Maybe FLS and Vriacu who have real world piloting experience can expand on how sustained use of that maneuver does not bleed of speed.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 12:40:06 PM »
It's much smoother than the previous big push to get something done about it. Now you can see them smoothly rolling left and right while pushing their nose out to mess with your aim. Pigs were chasing down a 262 last week and our target was doing it, it's possible even with the 262. More important, he was not loosing any speed due to his sustained use of the maneuver. When cons are engaging in this maneuver, I still hear on range the question of how can he maintain the same speed he was at before he entered into the sustained use of the maneuver.

Maybe FLS and Vriacu who have real world piloting experience can expand on how sustained use of that maneuver does not bleed of speed.

I wish I could, brother, but if the guy is not losing any energy at all I would find that ridiculous.   He has to be loading and unloading the airplane.   When you unload to zero G you will accelerate faster than at 1G, but I think the energy lost pulling positive Gs and flat-plating the aircraft would significantly offset any unloaded acceleration gain.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 12:48:16 PM »
The OP's issue isn't a maneuver it's a graphical glitch. I don't know that HTC has been able to reproduce it to fix it.

Any maneuvering questions really need AH film or it's basically guesswork as to what's being described.

For example "plane "X" doesn't lose energy" is a familiar complaint but when you fly the aircraft in question you see appropriate energy loss and if there is AH film you see the energy loss.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2019, 01:13:47 PM »
That is reasonable, I tested the Yak3 for being immune to gun fire at close range chased by multiple cons one night. I wiggled the heck out of it and thought I would drop out of the air most of the time. Six planes chasing me could not hit me other than a few holes in the wings but, tracers in streams were passing over my wings. The saving grace was how much speed it picked up with short shallow dives that gave me the ability to eventually get away from those cons. On the deck spits, 109, poni and so forth don't seem to be able to pick up as much speed as a Yak3 can from a short shallow dive. As the person chasing the Yak3 it looks like a completely different gamey story.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 03:43:28 PM »
No, it's not. I can play games such as IL2 or DCS against players from Russia or somewhere else across the planet, no such issue is present in those games.

Remember too it wasn't an issue in AH2.

It's ridiculous and absolutely unacceptable that this hasn't been fixed in however many years since AH was "revamped".

Yes, it is. There were plenty of people that complained about this in AH2 as well. Those other games are not the same. Not even close.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2019, 08:27:52 PM »
your about right however it never happened in AH2 hence the question why does it do it in the newer version.
It happened in AH2 and AH1. Some players were known for it. Players didn't make a big fuss about it mostly because we didn't want every bellend learning how to do it.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck