Author Topic: Flight controls  (Read 1455 times)

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
Flight controls
« on: March 31, 2019, 05:06:27 PM »
Alright  I know that I have been gone for awhile. I will be coming back in approx 1 month or so. I had to reload the game and of course reload flight controls. But now my throttle, zoom and various other controls dont work. When goin full throttle it seems as though I am only 2/3's power and min manifold. When going to zoom it is like smashing your face on the glare shield, and only way away is out of zoom. There are numerous other issues that I believe when I get my cable installed I can eventually get cleared up. But right now I am on satellite and I dont dare try to fly in the arena with the amount of lag I am currently getting. The only reason i know that all these things are going wrong is because I have been in the offline practice arena. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pops04   :noid   :cheers:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Flight controls
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 05:19:29 PM »
Did you start from scratch or load an old settngs folder?

Calibrate your controllers in the game. You can see by the numbers or graphically on the advanced tab how the game sees them. Check all the axis assignments on all the controllers.

Check your FOV setting and head position. Zoom is just dynamic FOV.

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 05:28:15 PM »
FLS
  Appreciate the info I will go in try everything again. I initially reinstalled everything from scratch.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 05:33:05 PM »
Good. You don't want to use settings from AH2 in AH3.

Let me know what other issues you're having.

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 05:57:13 PM »
FLS

No my previous settings were from AH3. That is what had me scratching my and cussing.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 07:20:44 PM »
The jsm files would work, but not the whole folder.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 01:46:09 AM »
As FLS said, calibrate. You can start by calibrating in Windows if you can find the Gaming Controllers app. It's hidden quite deep, you'll have to perform a Search inside the Control Panel to find it.

After having verified everything works in Windows, it's time to calibrate all rotating and sliding things in the game. You can do it for all at once or axis by axis. In your case the latter may be preferable since you can see the mapped function at the same time.

If Zoom takes you too much forward, you can control the amount of it with the two keys right to the key of P. In the game it says [ and ] but on my Scandinavian layout keyboard it's Å and ¨ so the location is what matters instead the markings on the buttons.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 01:17:07 PM »
Also check if the default mapping set your RPM to some slider or rotation control.

HiTEch

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 05:29:50 PM »
Ok everyone thanks for all the good info. I guess I will not find out until I get my cable hooked up.  :salute Pops

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 06:51:31 PM »
You know you can fly offline? This lets you set up your controls, practice aerobatics, shoot at drones, optimize your views etc.

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 07:47:33 PM »
FLS
    Yes I am well aware of the offline arena. See previous posts. I really appreciate all the info.
 :salute  :cheers:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2019, 08:13:10 PM »
I saw that but forgot about it. I misunderstood the cable comment.  :aok

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2019, 08:00:54 PM »
Alright Gents

I appreciate all the help finally got most of the big things working correctly. Finally got my throttle back. Like HiTech said it mysteriously mapped to a rotary dial. got my FOV back working correctly complete with the zoom. Now got to bite the bullet until May 14th, then I will be back. Hopefully HiTech will let me have my name back.

Pops04  :salute   :cheers:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2019, 08:23:34 PM »
I'm glad you checked all the axis assignments on all the controllers.  :aok