Author Topic: ten random changes  (Read 5223 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: ten random changes
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2019, 06:40:23 PM »
I don't suppose you are so altruistic as to spend your playtime capping the CV while the fighters are furballing over the beach and attacking the base?

we have done this many times.  it's either defend the CV and keep the furball going it come here and complain that CV are sunk too easy.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2019, 06:54:43 PM »

I have kept logs on all my bomber flights since 2012. I made 326 naval bombing runs in bombers (generally attacking from 8-10k). In all of these missions, I lost 7 planes to auto puffy, that's a loss ratio of 0.7%
As someone said before, it's just ambience, even if you are the only target around.

I'm glad somebody takes notes. I read somewhere the US lost 5 aircraft to AAA at Midway and that's from all types.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2019, 07:01:56 PM »
Look up the HMS Illustrious, hit by 3 waves of Stukas only 3 were shot down by AA

Chuikov

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2019, 07:02:17 PM »
It kind of goes with out saying that if there is a furball near a CV, you can expect bombers to come break you naval toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2019, 07:22:48 PM »
That's poor manners. The furball should be killed last.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2019, 07:23:31 PM »
It can be defended against, just have to apply SA and be proactive

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2019, 09:15:51 PM »
It kind of goes with out saying that if there is a furball near a CV, you can expect bombers to come break you naval toys.

The point is that a relatively slower, large plane, or group of large planes flying in a rather strait line..... looking to line up a bombing run..... Should be far easier to hit than a jinking small fighter!

In buffs, I just report where the CVs are and fly right on through the puffy..... like stated before, "ambiance". In a fighter I have to keep moving jinking, diving, climbing, or Im going to lose parts. Im 50% faster and jinking around, why should it be so much easier for the puffy to hit me in a fighter? LOL!!! Heaven forbid you fly into puffy in a perked ride, POOF! tower!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2019, 09:45:00 PM »
The point is that a relatively slower, large plane, or group of large planes flying in a rather strait line..... looking to line up a bombing run..... Should be far easier to hit than a jinking small fighter!

In buffs, I just report where the CVs are and fly right on through the puffy..... like stated before, "ambiance". In a fighter I have to keep moving jinking, diving, climbing, or Im going to lose parts. Im 50% faster and jinking around, why should it be so much easier for the puffy to hit me in a fighter? LOL!!! Heaven forbid you fly into puffy in a perked ride, POOF! tower!

Why should the bomber be easier to hit? AAA was often fired into a 'box', just like it does in the game.

Your statement that perk planes are always destroyed is clearly false.  Why make stuff up? It doesn't help the discussion.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2019, 01:53:40 AM »
Why should the bomber be easier to hit? AAA was often fired into a 'box', just like it does in the game.

Heavy acks were often and most effectively fired ahead of the incoming bombers and kept firing into this volume until the bombers flew through it. It was not easy to get the altitude right. This completely does not work against a maneuvering fighter whose path is unpredictable and especially if he is changing altitudes. Puffy could not follow a diving fighter unless it had proximity fuses or scored a direct hit.

Our AH puffy does not simulate a projectile. The explosions box is always centered on the target both horizontally and vertically. The box is supposed to get bigger the faster you go and the more G you are pulling (I think) to make a hit less likely. It seems that this effect is minor and does not differentiate enough between a bomber on a straight and level bombing run and a diving and jinking fighter.

Player experience wise, the bombers can simply soak up the damage and it is very unlikely to down even 1 bomber out of the 3 that the player controls. The bombers get through no matter what and the bomber player completely ignores puffy. A fighter player has only 1 fragile plane - any random damage will ruin his day.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 02:03:46 AM by bozon »
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2019, 02:33:06 AM »
I like most suggestions, but add/ delete  :

Make the Yak3 vulnerable to a believable level, it's not a flying tank, Its a plane plane comparable to the LA-7 in damage IRL, and it should be in AH.
Kill Buzzaw, or make it a separate tank arena map - compare online numbers when Buzzaw is running against other maps.
As someone suggested - remove range icon for the AAA vehicles used against planes, ie no computer aided gunsight in 1940's.
Remove F3 bombing, it's just stupid, unrealistic, and have nothing to do in a realistic arena.
Kill engine / start engine in-flight should be penalized with long restart-up time. It's a gaming-the-game situation we must get rid of.

Perks can be good to store if you want a month of  perk plane flying for whatever reason. Personally I use my perks once or twice every year.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2019, 01:54:40 PM »
i still think lowering side switch time will promote spying. i have .05 cents on my desk <---that's my 2 cents.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2019, 02:09:53 PM »

Remove F3 bombing, it's just stupid, unrealistic, and have nothing to do in a realistic arena.

If anyone is actually level bombing while in F3 then good luck with that. F3 is for seeing incoming bandits and it's the closest thing in AH to simulating multiple pairs of eyeballs scanning all around.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2019, 02:13:21 PM »
i still think lowering side switch time will promote spying. i have .05 cents on my desk <---that's my 2 cents.

If people want to spy all they have to do is send their contact to the other side and talk to him. He can pass info for as long as he is over there.

Time has nothing to do with it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2019, 02:19:59 PM »

If people want to spy all they have to do is send their contact to the other side and talk to him. He can pass info for as long as he is over there.

Time has nothing to do with it.

:aok :cheers:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2019, 03:54:59 PM »
A lot of spying has turned out to be CV radar.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.