Author Topic: Exploit.  (Read 9403 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Exploit.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 10:54:06 AM »
Might as well remove the GAMMA setting too.  Next, maybe zoom view.  But by all means leave the radar like it is.  Wouldn't want things to get too gamey. 

Coogan

Why change anything?

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 11:23:01 AM »
I’m baffled at the responses right now. You guys can’t handle any change of gameplay can you?  It’s an exploit that I even use, and i even want it removed.

I understand it’s just “game” but it’s a broken exploit and needs to be addressed. Exploits such as this make the game less fun to play.

Tell me one good reason why it should stay?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2019, 11:24:53 AM »
I’m baffled at the responses right now. You guys can’t handle any change of gameplay can you?  It’s an exploit that I even use, and i even want it removed.

I understand it’s just “game” but it’s a broken exploit and needs to be addressed. Exploits such as this make the game less fun to play.

Tell me one good reason why you should be able to hear the engine of an approaching aircraft from 800 yards inside the cockpit of your own running aircraft?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2019, 11:27:10 AM »
Why change anything?

The actual fix would be removing the ability to adjust sound levels.

Shutting off your engine or simply reducing power was possible even if they were poor choices.

Never read any WW2 histories where sound levels were tweaked for dogfighting.

That sounds like you want to change things, I was going the extra step for ya.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2019, 11:32:17 AM »

I explained that you have it backwards. The sound adjustment exploit isn't working when people turn their engines off. You want the game to change to preserve an exploit.

I can handle a lot. Even disagreement.   :aok

That sounds like you want to change things, I was going the extra step for ya.

Coogan

Got it. Sorry for the confusion, I was just clarifying the issue.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2019, 11:34:30 AM »
Unless your engine was off you wouldn’t be able to hear them coming in reality anyway.

Not really an exploit IMO. Cutting it to stop torque is more of an exploit. Even so, all you would have to do us flick the mags off. As soon as you flicked them back on, the engine would come alive as long as the prop was still turning.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2019, 11:39:37 AM »
There's a lot of discussion about fixing something that's a non-issue, imo. *ShruG*

If this much effort was put into how to inject inspiration back into the community ......

:cool:

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2019, 11:43:08 AM »
There's a lot of discussion about fixing something that's a non-issue, imo. *ShruG*

If this much effort was put into how to inject inspiration back into the community ......

:cool:

There's plenty of inspiration in here.  It's just channeled in completely nonproductive directions.  ;)

Wiley.

JG11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2019, 11:51:34 AM »
Unless your engine was off you wouldn’t be able to hear them coming in reality anyway.

Not really an exploit IMO. Cutting it to stop torque is more of an exploit. Even so, all you would have to do us flick the mags off. As soon as you flicked them back on, the engine would come alive as long as the prop was still turning.

The relevant torque is from the spiral propwash, you don't need to cut the engine, you can just pull off the power.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2019, 11:53:04 AM »
Tell me one good reason why you should be able to hear the engine of an approaching aircraft from 800 yards inside the cockpit of your own running aircraft?

Wiley.
Good point. How about we do something about the ability to turn engine on and off at will?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2019, 11:55:28 AM »
The relevant torque is from the spiral propwash, you don't need to cut the engine, you can just pull off the power.

Maybe in real life. But in this game once you shut the engine off your hammerhead capabilities increase significantly. There is still torque with 0% throttle engine on. You shut it off there is absolutely 0.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2019, 12:00:22 PM »
Good point. How about we do something about the ability to turn engine on and off at will?

Your justification to remove it was the gamey sound cue being gone when someone bounces you.

Aside from that, is it that gamebreaking that the bad man shuts his engine off to hammerhead?  I've seen  maybe 3 guys that do it on a regular basis, and I haven't seen them around lately.  Mountain, molehill.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2019, 12:11:34 PM »
Maybe in real life. But in this game once you shut the engine off your hammerhead capabilities increase significantly. There is still torque with 0% throttle engine on. You shut it off there is absolutely 0.

Correct. If there is no torque there is no need to counter the torque and the maneuver is easier. If there is a little torque you need a little adjustment and there are times when flying that slow makes sense.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2019, 12:14:42 PM »
What's this torque tall speak of....    :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2019, 12:16:47 PM »
What's this torque tall speak of....    :D

It is something that people who fly fighters need to contend with.  Nothing to worry about for you bomber pilots.  :bolt:

Wiley.

JG11