Author Topic: Unable to change flight stick bindings in VR  (Read 890 times)

Offline Minori7th

• Zinc Member
Unable to change flight stick bindings in VR
« on: April 04, 2019, 12:37:46 PM »
I'm using the Oculus Rift and I'm not able to change bindings for my flightstick as the menu for it closes at random shortly after clicking on it. This doesn't occur in desktop mode however. I heard something about there being two config files, one for VR and the other for desktop. If i knew where the files were and such, would it be possible to make all my bindings in desktop mode and just duplicate the config file but name it the same as the VR one? Otherwise i don't know how i'd ever be able to play the game with my Oculus.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Unable to change flight stick bindings in VR
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 01:19:16 PM »
Yes 2 separate files...the only difference is the ones for VR...have VR_ infront of them. Are you sure that the menu closes? I use RIFT now for about 2 years,never had that happen. I have had the "secondary" window show up behind me before though. :uhoh I would hit "Controls:then say button 1.then "modify" and the next list menu would be way to one side or the other from the main Clipboard menu. Sometimes even high or low :aok 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 01:24:34 PM »
You want the jsm files in the settings folder. Just copy the jsm files and add VR_ to the front of the name. Then replace the old VR_ jsm files.

If you can't find the settings folder let me know if you have Steam, Oculus, or the normal installation.

No reason for the menu to close randomly. Something has to close it.

Offline Minori7th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 01:56:11 PM »
Yes 2 separate files...the only difference is the ones for VR...have VR_ infront of them. Are you sure that the menu closes? I use RIFT now for about 2 years,never had that happen. I have had the "secondary" window show up behind me before though. :uhoh I would hit "Controls:then say button 1.then "modify" and the next list menu would be way to one side or the other from the main Clipboard menu. Sometimes even high or low :aok
I'm pretty sure it does. I've been using the oculus for about 5 months now and only yesterday encountered the issue. Everything was fine before then. :/

Offline Minori7th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 02:02:53 PM »
You want the jsm files in the settings folder. Just copy the jsm files and add VR_ to the front of the name. Then replace the old VR_ jsm files.

If you can't find the settings folder let me know if you have Steam, Oculus, or the normal installation.

No reason for the menu to close randomly. Something has to close it.
Yeah, at first i thought it may be the motion controls somehow closing it but there's no input in the first place and they're disabled. idk what would be closing the menu.
Also i found the settings folder but there aren't any .jsm files in it. I have the steam version if that's why. (I used to use the standalone one but for some reason it wouldn't communicate with oculus properly so i switched)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 02:44:59 PM »
Do you have another instance of Aces High on your PC? Do you launch from Steam?

If you've been playing for months you should have both jsm file types.

I assume you looked in Steam/steamapps/common/aces high III/settings.

Offline Minori7th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 03:04:38 PM »
Do you have another instance of Aces High on your PC? Do you launch from Steam?

If you've been playing for months you should have both jsm file types.

I assume you looked in Steam/steamapps/common/aces high III/settings.
Actually, they may not be there since i reinstalled the game to see if that fixed the problem. But yes, that's where i looked for them.
I assume they're created when you change keybindings as there's probably a default bindings file?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 03:47:47 PM »
If you reinstalled with the download look for the other game installation.

Probably in C:\ Hitechcreations\Aces High III

Offline Minori7th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 03:15:40 PM »
If you reinstalled with the download look for the other game installation.

Probably in C:\ Hitechcreations\Aces High III
Ok, I tried changing then saving the settings and it made the .jsm files. I don't know how but it just decided to just fix itself. The VR menu bug stopped completely and my controls never changed from the desktop ones. I guess changing the desktop settings fixed it??? Anyway, thanks for your help. Makes me happy that i got such a fast and helpful sounds from this community, a really nice first experience!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 05:26:53 PM »
Glad you got it fixed.  :aok