Author Topic: Training Squad  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Monster0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vetgamer.com
Training Squad
« on: April 06, 2019, 02:03:00 PM »
New players that log into the arena for the first time would have their V chat channel set to the training squad. Chat window 1 would also be automatically set to the squads channel. New players would have access to other players that have recently started playing and trainers that are willing to help. A trainer or anyone willing to help new players would have a tag on their name to indicate that they are trainers within the (insert name) squad. An arena message will indicate to the new player that he/she is now apart of (insert name) Squad. Also quick instructions on how to use the mic to communicate with the squad and how to bring up the chat window to message anyone within the squad.

Trainers and players willing to help will now recognize any new players logging into the squad channel on their country side.

Achievements for new players and rewarding them perk points for performing simple tasks. Also having their name appear in lights within the text window to show their achievement to the new member and others within the arena. Provide new players a reward system that can be easily accomplished and allow a new player to have access to a pool of perk points to work with when they start their paid subscription.

1. Successful take off from the runway. 5 Perks
2. Successful landing on runway. 5 Perks
3. Joining a Mission. 5 Perks
4. First kill recorded. 5 Perks
5. First 2 kills landed. 5 Perks
6. First hanger destroyed. 10 Perks
7. First Barracks, ammo, radar, and fuel bunkers destroyed. 1 Perk each.
8. etc., etc.

Each side will have a training squad and each side can come up with a name. Example the Rooks will be called The Predators.  Trainers can create missions based on the objective they select.  Example a bombing mission. Each new member can be rewarded perk points for joining the mission. Quick instructions regarding level flight and how to calibrate can be provided by the trainers.  Jabo mission and etc. and etc.

Lethality can be turned down for someone within their 2 week period. Allowing them to sustain more damage. Security measures in place to make sure no one is abusing this. Example once a new player reaches a kill per death ratio of .5 it is set back to normal.

Trainers can now communicate with other training squads and setup encounters.  Example one side does a bombing mission and the other side a fighter sweep.   

New players need to feel welcome and apart of our sandbox world. Having them automatically be apart of a squad that is willing to help can maybe lessen the learning curve. Rewarding them for simple tasks and showing their name in lights will also make them feel welcome.  New player achievement in lights 10-20 players welcoming them to Aces High and letting them know we acknowledge their achievement.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Training Squad
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 02:09:56 PM »
'Predators' isn't descriptive enough nor does it sound welcoming and positive.

Rook Training Squad or Rooks in Training
Bishop Training Squad or Bishops in Training
Knight Training Squad or Knights in Training

Otherwise, sure, why not?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 02:32:48 PM »
I know if these things existed before.... I would have stayed.

Oh wait......... I have to leave first.   :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 03:01:55 PM »
Would love to see this.

THERE NEEDS TO BE CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO COMUNICATE IN THE GAME.

There was a new guy driving g a gv over a hill a sector away. Looking for a fight but we were unable to communicate with him.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 05:36:24 PM »
First problem would be staffing it 24/7.

The current training process is efficient. You post a request and find a mutually convenient time when you want to train as opposed to just checking out a new game.

Directions for requesting training greet you in the training arena.

Training is easier and more effective in the TA.

People like videos and videos can explain lag pursuit but they can't tell you that you need to lag twice as much as you are.

Squad for newbies are a good idea but training and fighting should be separate. You can't do both well at the same time.

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 05:54:25 PM »
Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over with the same results.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 06:00:05 PM »
Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over with the same results.

Every day I make great coffee. Insanity!   :neener:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 07:04:12 PM »
Every day I make great coffee. Insanity!   :neener:

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 01:48:41 PM »
use A PERMANENT Big sign on the very very 1st page that says ACES HIGH---Sign would say  " IF YOU NEED HELP, ASK THE PLAYERS ON YOUR SIDE FOR HELP"

PUT IT ON THE VERY 1ST SCREEN YOU SEE-CALL IT THE MUSIC SCREEN. SELECTION screen-the screen where you select the arena you want.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 01:50:46 PM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 02:03:28 PM »
use A PERMANENT Big sign on the very very 1st page that says ACES HIGH---Sign would say  " IF YOU NEED HELP, ASK THE PLAYERS ON YOUR SIDE FOR HELP"

PUT IT ON THE VERY 1ST SCREEN YOU SEE-CALL IT THE MUSIC SCREEN. SELECTION screen-the screen where you select the arena you want.

And 'alt-F4' .....

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2019, 04:20:52 PM »

First they have to learn how to use text and voice.  :aok