Author Topic: Match play challenge  (Read 2459 times)

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Match play challenge
« on: April 08, 2019, 05:56:10 PM »
Really simple... Most kills

7 kills in a A1..

I should improve my count later tonight.

Death to all drones...

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Re: Match play challenge
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 08:37:40 AM »
10 kills in a niki.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 02:11:00 PM »
Wonder if the Match Play arena can be downloaded for offline with the AI active to play against?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 04:48:53 PM »
Wonder if the Match Play arena can be downloaded for offline with the AI active to play against?

Yes. Or you can make your own and simply add match entry points only needs 2 for all to work.
Then do a .sgt 3 (Set game type) .sgt by itself should give you the list.

HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 05:13:01 PM »
This guy seems to know so much about this game.

:D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 05:50:52 PM »
Yes. Or you can make your own and simply add match entry points only needs 2 for all to work.
Then do a .sgt 3 (Set game type) .sgt by itself should give you the list.

HiTech

Waaaa, that's like dangling bacon snackers in front of a dogs nose and expecting it to look the other way. I just did this to my self today and you cavalierly say "you can make your own".....baddd man you are a very bad man...... :rofl

Got carried away today with a long glacier cut valley. Decided to change up the weathering effect with a different rock type that weathers in a shield effect. Notice in the before and after screen shots of where that tan 1x1 base object placeholder is sitting. Now I have to flatten 3miles or so around it and make the weathering flow with the visual speed bump..... :furious

Ahhhhh......gurglesnort.

Before checking the base location map overlay.

After checking the base location map overlay....Houston we needs to build a cutoff ramp.....

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 06:09:23 PM »
The M entry type changes the spawn into a Match Play air spawn and .stg 3 changes the terrain type to match play?

Is there something I can use a dot command to pull the setup info to fill the arena offline with blood thirsty AI? At this point, yes I can throw something together pretty quickly and test it offline if I have that info. Then if this only needs two countries and not comply with MA requirements to function offline, I can zip it up and let people play with it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 09:09:36 AM »
The M entry type changes the spawn into a Match Play air spawn and .stg 3 changes the terrain type to match play?

Is there something I can use a dot command to pull the setup info to fill the arena offline with blood thirsty AI? At this point, yes I can throw something together pretty quickly and test it offline if I have that info. Then if this only needs two countries and not comply with MA requirements to function offline, I can zip it up and let people play with it.

The .sgt does not change terrain, it changes normal game play to match play. If you go into the match play arena and type .show the settings files will be save on your system for the dueling terrain.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 11:29:13 AM »
Updated a test terrain with a second country airfield, added a Shape Name entpnt, object type M Entry, to each airfield at 5000ft. I exported the var file from the dueling arena(Match Play) and imported it to my offline arena. Offline, I typed in .stg 3 and nothing happened. My 6 drones only fly the drone circle above the airfield I'm at. Some component is missing or I missed something.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 11:43:23 AM »
Did some further looking, it's only available in debug compiles.
 I'll see if I can let it go into a release version.

Also it will definitely work in a custom arena.

HiTech
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:46:26 AM by hitech »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019, 12:07:21 PM »
I don't suppose I can slip that two field test terrain past the error check in the custom terrain upload....... :lol Will one field in each country with an HQ and all the supply roads\tracks in place make it past the error check?

Any chance the code that runs the AI drones can be adapted to run offline? I thought WB had something like that when I looked at it before choosing AH instead. A few of my squad mates are long haul truckers and don't get to play with the squad as often as they want. But, they do carry a laptop in their truck with a joystick that can run AH3. They don't always rest stop at locations with very good WiFi.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 01:07:56 PM »
I don't suppose I can slip that two field test terrain past the error check in the custom terrain upload....... :lol Will one field in each country with an HQ and all the supply roads\tracks in place make it past the error check?

Any chance the code that runs the AI drones can be adapted to run offline? I thought WB had something like that when I looked at it before choosing AH instead. A few of my squad mates are long haul truckers and don't get to play with the squad as often as they want. But, they do carry a laptop in their truck with a joystick that can run AH3. They don't always rest stop at locations with very good WiFi.

You don't even need the roads. I believe 3 fields HQ is all you need to pass the error check.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 01:29:35 PM »
Do I need an M Entry for each field, and for the drones, I'm assuming they need to be set in the air above AGL to spawn them? Then once I create a custom arena using this test terrain, .stg 3 will enable Match Play and launch all the AI combat drones?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 01:50:06 PM »
Do I need an M Entry for each field, and for the drones, I'm assuming they need to be set in the air above AGL to spawn them? Then once I create a custom arena using this test terrain, .stg 3 will enable Match Play and launch all the AI combat drones?

All Match Entries should be field 1. Makes no difference where you place them. The alt is used for the spawn, planes use it as a center point for matches, radar circles. If a 36 plane mach was launched with spawn in circle, a player would spawn every 10 degrees around the match entry point.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 03:03:25 PM »
Uploaded the terrain with a M Entry at each of the three feilds before you answered. So I removed all M Entry but at Field A1 set at 5000ft, then uploaded to the HOST again. Now to see if this thing will spawn combat AI as a custom arena.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing