Author Topic: IS VR BROKEN?!  (Read 5445 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: IS VR BROKEN?!
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2019, 03:11:32 AM »
I wonder if the game sees it as the old Thrustmaster TWCS that plugged into the Cougar instead of the new stand alone throttle. Weird that it doesn't happen with anything else.

OMG are you really that thick?  It DOES happen with other stuff.  In fact it happens all the time for ‘stuff’.

For some reason you will simply not accept the controller conflict issue.  Why is that?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2019, 08:25:29 AM »
Same thing happens with the Vive, btw.

I just got a  TWCS and went to try it and my VR was fubar. Then I remembered this thread.

I'm glad Wingnutt went through this pain for me.   :D

I switched to Thrustmaster rudder pedals last week and had a similar problem with VR the first time I booted up. I checked assignments and everything was correct. Nothing was mis-mapped. I just rebooted and it was fine. I wonder if it's an issue with Thrustmaster drivers or software.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2019, 08:31:32 AM »
OMG are you really that thick?  It DOES happen with other stuff.  In fact it happens all the time for ‘stuff’.

For some reason you will simply not accept the controller conflict issue.  Why is that?

Page one I suggested looking for a controller conflict, like I've been doing for years.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2019, 09:39:28 AM »
I switched to Thrustmaster rudder pedals last week and had a similar problem with VR the first time I booted up. I checked assignments and everything was correct. Nothing was mis-mapped. I just rebooted and it was fine. I wonder if it's an issue with Thrustmaster drivers or software.
I wouldn't be surprised if pressing the Shift button while shutting down would fix the issue. Not everyone has the Fast Startup feature disabled, or checked if it has re-enabled itself in an update.

Despite Windows 10 having improved vastly since it was launched, there's a ton of new tricks one has to learn to keep it in optimal shape for one's needs. It does many things automatically but they're for fulfilling Microsoft's needs.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2019, 02:27:56 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if pressing the Shift button while shutting down would fix the issue. Not everyone has the Fast Startup feature disabled, or checked if it has re-enabled itself in an update.

Despite Windows 10 having improved vastly since it was launched, there's a ton of new tricks one has to learn to keep it in optimal shape for one's needs. It does many things automatically but they're for fulfilling Microsoft's needs.

I’m not familiar with the Fast Startup Feature.  Is that a windows 10 option, VR, or AH3?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2019, 06:00:16 PM »
I’m not familiar with the Fast Startup Feature.  Is that a windows 10 option, VR, or AH3?
Windows! It sort of shuts down but "Pre-loads" or safes in a "Pre-loaded" state most common apps you use. After a while you have a whole bunch of temp files...as I understnd it :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2019, 12:40:24 AM »
What 1stpar3 said, Windows. It's like Hibernation with the exception that it only saves your settings for the next boot, no matter if they're corrupted or not. A temporary fix is to press Shift when clicking Shutdown, a more permanent cure is to disable Fast Startup. "More" because Windows may re-enable it at some update.

You'll find it in Power Management (right click the Win icon down left)>Additional Settings>Choose what the Power Button does>Currently unavailable settings.

There's much more Power Management related settings which you should be aware of for best performance, they've been addressed in the Hardware and Software or Technical Support sections during the last year or so.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2019, 07:51:48 AM »
Two common power management issues for game controllers are USB sleep settings not disabled and insufficient MB power.

After installing the drivers for my new pedals I noticed the axis ID's had changed. This can cause a problem with assignments if you let AH see the hardware before you install the drivers.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2019, 11:57:53 AM »
Windows! It sort of shuts down but "Pre-loads" or safes in a "Pre-loaded" state most common apps you use. After a while you have a whole bunch of temp files...as I understnd it :uhoh

What 1stpar3 said, Windows. It's like Hibernation with the exception that it only saves your settings for the next boot, no matter if they're corrupted or not. A temporary fix is to press Shift when clicking Shutdown, a more permanent cure is to disable Fast Startup. "More" because Windows may re-enable it at some update.

You'll find it in Power Management (right click the Win icon down left)>Additional Settings>Choose what the Power Button does>Currently unavailable settings.

There's much more Power Management related settings which you should be aware of for best performance, they've been addressed in the Hardware and Software or Technical Support sections during the last year or so.

Thanks gents!  Seems like there’s always one more thing.  :aok

All gave some, Some gave all