Author Topic: T-34 Engine Details  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
T-34 Engine Details
« on: May 11, 2019, 03:23:40 PM »
I'm looking for information on the idle speed for the T-34 and peak rpm levels both. The books I have on this either don't include that information or I haven't found it yet. Please post it if you know it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: T-34 Engine Details
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 09:56:36 PM »
I'm looking for information on the idle speed for the T-34 and peak rpm levels both. The books I have on this either don't include that information or I haven't found it yet. Please post it if you know it.

For what its worth?

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/319603-mythbusting-tanks-t-34/#topmost

https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/tw4/vt27/assets/docs/flight-planning/T34-by-the-numbers.pdf

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 11:14:06 AM »
Thanks guys. My internal recordings were noisy and the driver kept revving the engine, so the idle never did settle out. 800 just seems like a pretty high rev for idle speed. The T-34 we have in game is a very, generously, reliable version, obviously.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 01:08:37 PM »
Max: 2000rpm
Idle; 600rpm

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP82-00457R008300010007-6.pdf

Also each bank hand a different stroke, stroke 180 mm (7.1 in) left cylinder group and 186 mm (7.3 in) right cylinder group

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 04:33:24 PM »
As I posted in the Screenshots forum I think it's actually a range by design.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,397064.0.html

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 07:31:30 PM »
Wrong T-34 I am afraid, then again, Chalenge did not specify.

Consider if you will: why would I ask for the idle rpm of a turboprop in the context of Aces High?

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 06:29:03 PM »
Consider if you will: why would I ask for the idle rpm of a turboprop in the context of Aces High?

You did not mention Aces High in your opening post. I was throwing bones by mentioning the fact that providing details of the T-34 Mentor is forgivable considering you never specified. Rather than specifying, you alluded or gave context clues and did this quite poorly if I might add. To some, especially those who are ESL, that is not very clear. In all honesty, I was trying out the King's humor. I see you are resistant to my charms. It should be noted, however, that you were indeed not specific and therefore lyric was right to assume that you either needed the Soviet T-34 tank details or the Beechcraft T-34 Mentor details. What did lyric do? He provided both, smart move.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 06:53:40 PM »
I'm pretty sure Lyric knows why I was asking.