Author Topic: How to make Buffalo style chicken?  (Read 1027 times)

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
How to make Buffalo style chicken?
« on: April 15, 2019, 03:57:14 PM »
Hey guys.  I've been messing around with chicken wings and drumsticks trying to make buffalo style chicken.  I've tried marinating the chicken overnight in Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce, but the flavor doesn't seem to sink in.  I've even tried it as long as 48 hours, and I added a bit of Louisiana hot sauce too.  But the results were lackluster.  I don’t want to bread the chicken as I’m trying to stay away from carbs. 

Do you all have any advice on how to make Buffalo style chicken?
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: How to make Buffalo style chicken?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 04:13:33 PM »
Most places deep fry the wings, then toss them in a hot sauce butter mixture just before serving.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 05:10:01 PM »

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 05:29:47 PM »
Naked is fine, but I wouldn't cook them after seasoning as it tends to burn. It also depends heavily on the sauce. While I am not from Buffalo, nor have I eaten wings from Buffalo, my hot wings are generally accepted by my guests. There is no real secret, but my advice is to season and sauce after you cook them. Or at least, after they are mostly cooked.  Treat the Buffalo sauce similar to the way you would treat a thin barbecue sauce on chicken.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 05:40:26 PM »
I always go nekid , sauce on the side, and then spoon my sauce on with a celery stick  immediately before taking a bite to maintain optimal crunchy goodness.

Hmmm wings. 

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 11:34:44 PM »
The best way to get sauce into the meat is with salt. I use the same spices that I intend to put into the breading and add that to a brine mix in a drum marinator. Unfortunately that type of marinator is hard to find these days. The one I have is an old Amana stainless type, but maybe you can do it another way.

My wife prefers to use soy sauce to get the salt into the meat, then drain it on wire racks to allow the wings to get ready for the breading. After the wings are fully cooked you just turn it in a reduced sauce (cooked down for thickness). I go through the sauces to find the one with the least sugar you can find IF you intend to mix barbecue with hot sauce, or highest salt content if it's just hot sauce, or just mix in some soy sauce and the final eight minute bake time won't burn. Ten minutes is burn territory.

If that doesn't sagaciate your copperosity then check with a Cajun. Cajun's always have the hottest.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 02:37:02 AM »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 06:56:17 AM »

Do you all have any advice on how to make Buffalo style chicken?

Lightly sprinkle some Kosher salt over the wings and refrigerate 1 hr. Heat your frying oil to 350. Depending on how big your frying vessel is and how many wings you have, fry them several batches for about 12 minutes. The idea is to maintain the oil temp to at least 325 or they'll take on oil and won't crisp properly.

Meanwhile melt a stick (1/4 cup) butter and combine with 1/4 cup of hot sauce. They say Frank's was the original. Kick it up or down Scovil wise to suit your taste. I take the wings from the fryer and dump them in a metal mixing bowl with the sauce and toss a few times.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 07:15:47 AM »
For us living in the old world 350 F degrees = 175 degrees Celsius.  :old:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 05:44:52 PM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 05:59:58 PM »
Great.   Now I'll have nightmares.  :O

Then what does it mean when I tell you that it's making me hungry? 
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 07:15:25 PM »
Then what does it mean when I tell you that it's making me hungry?  (Image removed from quote.)

Can you imagine the eggs that thing would lay?  :confused:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 08:00:06 PM »

Can you imagine the eggs that thing would lay?  :confused:

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 09:24:11 PM »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 10:11:44 PM »
can we get Zack in here to ID that pie?

I know I'll never eat an omelet again.

:eek: