Author Topic: Terrains and Clouds  (Read 1040 times)

Offline Diamax

• Copper Member
Terrains and Clouds
« on: April 19, 2019, 10:21:23 PM »
Hi guys,

Recently I came back, didn't play since the time of AHII, after the H2H was shutdown, that made me loose interest in making terrains and stuff and as a result in the game.

Now I see things have changed, player hosted arenas are back, and that's awesome!!
For whatever reason the Cloud Editor doesn't work for me, and I played around but is no go. I was thinking to make the cloud files myself.
The Cloud Editor gives me "The Application was Unable to Start Correctly (0xc000007b)" error. i searched online and no matter what it just doesn't work, well anyway...

I made a terrain myself and I saw cloud objects in the Terrain Editor, but they do not work.
I downloaded these terrains, while playing online but of course the cloud files where not in the downloads, and I think they should be part of the download.

Can you guys please send me the cloud files for whatever terrains you have, because playing without clouds takes away from the experience quite a bit.

Thank you,
Diamax
Diamax

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Terrains and Clouds
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 10:18:16 AM »
Unless the cloud file is baked into the terrain when it's uploaded, then it will depend on a cloud file on your hard drive. At least that is my understanding.
So if you create a generic cloud file for the terrains you are most likely to use, you can install it into any running arena with a dot command. The exact command escapes me at the moment but I think it was .sweath [filename] for set weather, or something like that.

If you decide to open an account and wish to become active as a terrain builder for the AvA, you might contact me or perhaps you would be interested in hosting in the AvA arena? In that case contact captain1ma or myself.

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Diamax

• Copper Member
Re: Terrains and Clouds
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 07:22:26 PM »
Hello Easy,

I got all the info needed from a different post I started in the Help and Training section of the forums, here:

Clouds for Offline Play
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,396877.0.html

I thought that is a good place to ask for help as well, especially when I realized this corner of the forums is not very active at the moment.

The command you posted is correct, and good for testing weather files (.awa), but I rather have the cloud fronts built into the terrain. So when someone is downloading is getting everything that was intended to be in the terrain to start with. Also having th option to have an external .awa file for the clouds is excellent as well. it offers flexibility to alter the weather as needed.
So these two currently supported options are excellent, for creating terrains and the dot command ".sweath [filename]" is a great tool for testing purposes.

Right now I want to get a good handle on building terrains with weather files and skins, later will come a time for hosting arenas with those terrains.

<SALUTE>
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:25:00 PM by Diamax »
Diamax