Author Topic: Tracers Dot Command  (Read 563 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Tracers Dot Command
« on: April 20, 2019, 01:42:55 PM »
Hitech,

Is it possible to expose the on\off toggle for tracers as a dot command so in the tower players can type .tracer 0 or 1 before their next sortie?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Tracers Dot Command
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 01:51:29 PM »
Can't we just pull up the clipboard and change the setting?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 01:53:05 PM »
+1.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 02:46:19 PM »
I have found too many times I will hop to a field to defend with a wirble or 37mm and by the time I drill through the clip board menu, my ability to effect the attacker is gone. And so are his targets on that field. I once wished for each ride to have an individual check box and Hitech didn't go for that. The toggles in the clip board seem to be things a dot command can toggle and [.tracer 1] is faster than rummaging through the clip board menus just before launching out of the hanger selection. Or upon popping into the tower to see what is happening at that field.

Tracers are an integral component to aiming with anti aircraft guns, ground and air frame mounted, and was taught that way in WW2. While turning them off in fighters helps surprise your con, keep him waiting for your tracer flash just a bit longer and will teach you to aim versus try to reach out and touch your target with your tracers. The USN found when tracers were no longer used or greatly reduced, pilots were getting more hits on the Japanese aircraft.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 02:57:03 PM »
The time to make the decision is well before you flyer drive.

I usually make mine over a preflight frozen margarita.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 02:59:04 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 02:57:34 PM »
Ok. Besides, sounds doable.