Author Topic: Losing all HOTAS inputs  (Read 2505 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Losing all HOTAS inputs
« on: April 28, 2019, 08:04:42 AM »
The Problem: Upon booting up AH3 none of my j-stick, throttle, pedal axes/inputs are registered by the game. The assignments show up as they were configured in the controller window but nothing happens when I press a button or perform an action. All devices appear in the Windows game controller window but when I attempt to calibrate them the devices aren't recognized.
All Hotas gear is connected to a power hub via USB 3. By disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable, everything returns to normal. Any ideas as to what's causing this to happen?

Thanks.

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Losing all HOTAS inputs
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 09:48:50 AM »
So if I understood right, un- and replugging the powered hub fixes the issue?

The first culprit I always think of is some debris left behind from the Sleep/Hibernate mode of Windows. For Win7 shutting down and restarting should be enough to fix that, for Win8 and Win10 pressing the Shift button while clicking Shutdown wipes off all the remnants of Fast Startup which basically is Hibernate mode without the open programs and apps.

There's many more potential culprits as well, starting from motherboard drivers, corrupted system data, failing components including the power supply and the USB hub etc. If the above doesn't do the trick, running System File Checker (sfc /scannow) and Chkdsk /r in the Command prompt or Powershell would be next on line.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Losing all HOTAS inputs
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 12:02:34 PM »
if you're running an external powered hub, make sure you check your onboard USB power settings.

Make sure the powered hub is 3.0 compatible and if you have connected any other peripherals unplug them and see what happens.

start your troubleshooting at your hub and then move towards your computer (physical) and then move on to the logical portion of your machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 02:27:51 PM »
I've been using the same power hub in the same 3.0 USB for years.

I've run scandsk and have pressed shift key during shutdown.

Turning off and on (computer) has no ill effects on my hotas assignments but going idle/sleep for over 20 minutes requires me to remove and replace the USB cable from the power hub to computer USB.  :furious  It began after installing Win 10 but not immediately after

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 02:33:15 PM »
Check your Win10  power settings and make sure USB is set to always on.

If USB is already always on and the disconnect keeps happening try a new powered hub.

If it only happens occasionally it may just be Win10 updating and it needs a reboot.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 02:39:12 PM by FLS »

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 02:36:25 PM »
I've been using the same power hub in the same 3.0 USB for years.
Is there any drivers for it? And is it Win10 1903 compatible?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni