Author Topic: Next skin batch?  (Read 18883 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Next skin batch?
« on: May 06, 2019, 11:48:44 AM »
Now that Skuzzy has retired it will be understandable if we don't get such frequent batch updates of player skins from now on. However it has been about nine weeks since the last one was processed at the end of February and this is beginning to sap my enthusiasm for doing more skins. So could someone from HTC please let us know when the current batch of skins will be added to the game and how often we might expect future updates to occur?

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
Re: Next skin batch?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 12:53:33 PM »
this train just keeps derailing....... guys we cant lose Greebo......
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 01:07:47 PM »
this is beginning to sap my enthusiasm for doing more skins.

Yep. I'm working on some new skins I pray will be available for June's FSO. But after that I may need to find a new hobby...
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 03:12:29 PM »
Was Skuzzy moving the current system to a point that the skinners would be able to take over the process? Unless Hitech is in the process of bringing in a new Skuzzy, can players operate what Skuzzy has created?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 04:03:00 PM »
this train just keeps derailing....... guys we cant lose Greebo......

We can’t lose ANYONE at this point.  The herd is pretty thin. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 02:14:45 AM »
Was Skuzzy moving the current system to a point that the skinners would be able to take over the process? Unless Hitech is in the process of bringing in a new Skuzzy, can players operate what Skuzzy has created?

Skuzzy created a skins submission page and also a skins download page before he left. Before this skinners would submit files in the wrong bit depth or with the wrong file names etc. and Skuzzy would spend a lot of his time administering this. If this happens now though the admissions page will automatically reject the skin and tell the skinner why. So now all the submitted skins on the server have the right file names and file formats. However HTC still need to check each skin for content; is it good enough in terms of quality and accuracy, does the skin follow HTC's guidelines for what can be skinned (saw service in WW2, no swastikas etc), is there any nose art that would fall foul of ESRB rules? So although Skuzzy did a fantastic job of streamlining the submissions process it still needs someone at HTC to give the skins a once over before they can go into the game.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 12:09:54 PM »
And you gents can't do that for HTC?

This current body of skinners from what I've observed could cooperate on producing historical volumes for museums and be 98% on the money. I bet Skuzzy was there to be the final word so you gents wouldn't devolve into a tenured faculty lounge purse fighting club over minutia.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 04:29:34 PM »
Working on it, ran into a snag need to speak with skuzzy about.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 06:28:50 PM »
Working on it, ran into a snag need to speak with skuzzy about.

Thanks HiTech.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 02:11:01 AM »
Thank you Hitech.

Bustr, I don't think HTC would want a skinner vetting committee. It could get ugly if some new skinner came along and submitted a skin that he thinks is brilliant and we think is crap. However if HT asked me to do something on those lines I'd consider it.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 06:14:09 PM »
I've had enough years to become disappointed in the men if that were in the cards, so far I'm not where the scholarship and art is concerned. Hitech can be the final word while young and new to the fold, is a known quantity and expected to have more passion than experience. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 08:54:37 AM »
Hitech has asked if I would take over the checking and approval of new skins and to help him out I agreed to do so. I have approved all the current skins in the queue.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 04:06:29 PM »
Thank you Mr. Hitech and Mr. Greebo.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 04:14:41 PM »
Hitech has asked if I would take over the checking and approval of new skins and to help him out I agreed to do so. I have approved all the current skins in the queue.

Most excellent. Thanks Greebo.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2019, 07:27:23 PM »
Most excellent. Thanks Greebo.

Agreed.

Thank you Mr. Hitech and Mr. Greebo.

Yes.  Thanks guys. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 08:10:24 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)