Author Topic: CH Combatstick Windows10 and USB Sockets  (Read 883 times)

Offline Mol

• Zinc Member
CH Combatstick Windows10 and USB Sockets
« on: May 14, 2019, 12:45:13 PM »
Hi,

Anyone else have a problem with the CH control software hanging up while downloading stick profiles?

I'm thinking it may be an issue with the way windows 10 works with the USB interface and I've been tinkering on that basis.

Only thing that seems to work for me is to unplug the stick and throttle, reboot, plug them back in and try again. Then rinse and repeat until it works.

Needless to say, that routine is no fun at all.

Any tips ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

MoL
Man of Leisure (MoL)
InGame as BigMoL

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: CH Combatstick Windows10 and USB Sockets
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 01:31:59 PM »
A self powered USB hub has helped many. Doesn't cost much but can make a huge difference.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 02:21:06 PM »
CH Manager is hit or miss with Windows 10. You are much better off using the AH software to map your controls than you are to use CH Manager.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 04:36:22 PM »
Hi,

Anyone else have a problem with the CH control software hanging up while downloading stick profiles?

I'm thinking it may be an issue with the way windows 10 works with the USB interface and I've been tinkering on that basis.

Only thing that seems to work for me is to unplug the stick and throttle, reboot, plug them back in and try again. Then rinse and repeat until it works.

Needless to say, that routine is no fun at all.

Any tips ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

MoL

If you have an older MB you may find that a powered USB will fix it. I have run Windows 10 Pro for a long time and do not have any issues with my CH gear (fighter stick, pro throttle, pro pedals). I also run the CH Manager.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Mol

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 05:15:29 PM »
Guys

Big thanks for the replies… I'll try the powered hub.

MoL
Man of Leisure (MoL)
InGame as BigMoL

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 09:21:09 PM »
As per CH Products, Control Manager isn't compatible with Windows 10.  It will be ahit or miss type of thing.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 10:46:52 PM »
.... You are much better off using the AH software to map your controls than you are to use CH Manager.

I do this, easy & simple.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 10:58:53 PM »
As per CH Products, Control Manager isn't compatible with Windows 10.  It will be ahit or miss type of thing.

You have told me this when I had some issues after reloading and I had read the same all over the internet.

I finally got it back up again on the new drive and it works fine. Odd how that is. Of course there are a lot of different hardware combos.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 10:35:02 AM »
Someone explained it off as a USB identifier list that exceeds the original CH Managers ability to read, somehow. I ran into an issue where my CH Throttle would not allow me to calibrate full throw in DCS, but in AH the stick mapping routines work just fine. CH Manager would not work right, and I didn't want to screw up my AH settings, so I just broke out DIView. This fixed DCS and all I had to do then was recalibrate in AH.

Software: http://leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=12

Video explanation for use: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsRAgMlpG4Y
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.