Author Topic: Video question  (Read 593 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Video question
« on: May 22, 2019, 05:15:04 PM »
Not sure if this should be in Help and Support or here, but here goes...

My system is a 2500k, 16GB RAM, AMD 380 3GB.

I recently upgraded to Win10 from 7.  I was very happy with my settings in AH in win7, I had all of the reflections and post processing disabled.  The reason for that was so I could see dots at distance more easily.  With post enabled, every vehicle had a light colored outline that made it blend into the background a lot more than it did with post off.

Enter Win10.  Fresh install, copied my AH3 folder over from AH3 on my old hard drive.

For some reason, dots have that light colored outline around them regardless of whether I have post enabled or disabled, but when I turn post on or off, the display does change, main noticeable thing is it gets lighter and darker with post on or off, even if I have all the sub-items under post unchecked, it changes when I click post effects on or off.

Everything in my video drivers is set to application controlled.

Anyone have any ideas?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Video question
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 01:17:19 AM »
Did you install the motherboard drivers or are you using the generic ones included in the Windows installation package?

If your motherboard manufacturer doesn't provide drivers for Win10, see if there's those for Win8.1 64 bit. If they're newer than those shown in the Device Manager, try them. Another option is to see if the individual device manufacturers have fresh drivers available. The last option for older gear is to let Windows search for new drivers device by device in the Device Manager.

A DxDiag output as an attachment would have been helpful.

Lastly, hopefully you installed the 64 bit version of Win10 instead of 32 bit!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Video question
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 10:42:52 AM »
I did do the chipset drivers.  I'll see about a dxdiag when I get home.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11