Author Topic: Vid card installation  (Read 751 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Vid card installation
« on: May 27, 2019, 06:52:08 AM »
 :banana: Jeff Bezos is dropping off my new EVGA GTX1660 Ti today. What do I need to do, if anything, in terms of removing old drivers? As far as the installation DVD goes, will I have the option for installing drivers only? What Nvidea/Geforce bloatware should I avoid or keep?

Thanks!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Vid card installation
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 07:03:10 AM »
If your old card is nvidia you can just download and install the latest version over it. Choose custom setup and driver only, for a minimal setup. W10 will likely sort it out when you boot up.

Included DVDs may not have the latest drivers.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 08:44:54 AM »
If you don't want to use the DVD, download it from their site and it'll have the latest ones. The site will also give the option to do driver only or Geforce Experience.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 09:06:34 AM »
In case your current video card isn't an Nvidia or if you just want to get rid of old drivers for sure, run DDU.

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v18014-released
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 09:46:40 AM »
:banana: Jeff Bezos is dropping off my new EVGA GTX1660 Ti today. What do I need to do, if anything, in terms of removing old drivers? As far as the installation DVD goes, will I have the option for installing drivers only? What Nvidea/Geforce bloatware should I avoid or keep?

Thanks!

Magnets.   Use lots of magnets during the install.   It makes the vid card run faster.

#VracFact
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 01:48:31 AM »
Round magnets are better :old:

Not the green ones though.

Square greens ones are :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 05:33:54 AM »
I hope no-one trys to take Vraciu and zack's post, seriously!

Y'all should know better than to post mis-guided suggestions in this particular forum!

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 06:02:58 AM »
I use triangles and make them into little pyramids, so they get powered up and overclocked from the illuminati  :bolt:
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2019, 11:55:56 AM »
I painted a Yak-3 icon on my graphics card, since then I can have unlimited WEP in all planes  :old:

Like someone said, just download and install correct NVIDIA drivers for your new card, and everyhting shold be working.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera