Author Topic: Just Wondering  (Read 3464 times)

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
Just Wondering
« on: May 30, 2019, 03:27:12 PM »
 I am just wondering, not trying to be a trouble maker. Is the Wishlist useless ? I have not seen a wish granted in a loooonnngg time. Some wishes are extreme and some are very simple. The biggest thing I see are people arguing and  putting down people for their wishes.  Maybe I have missed something...…… Just wondering.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Just Wondering
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 03:36:39 PM »
Oh....a troublemaker, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?   

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 03:37:18 PM »
It's not completely useless.

It gives the Debbie-Downer No-Police something to do.

:rofl

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 03:49:11 PM »
It's not completely useless.

It gives the Debbie-Downer No-Police something to do.

:rofl

If HT likes an idea, he implements it.  Everything else after the initial post is noise.

It seems to me the wishlist is either vehicle requests or minor variations on the same fifteen requests over the last 10 years.  My guess is vehicle requests come after the existing models are updated, and the answer to the ten year old requests is still no.

The friction comes because a lot of people seem to think "discussion" means "Is the idea good, or REALLY good?" and how soon it should be implemented.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 03:52:51 PM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 04:03:56 PM »
I wished for bomb and bailing to be addressed and my recommendation was to give proxy at visual range instead of the ~1.5k it used to be.  It was moved to 6k and bombers have been less likely to bail now, only doing so if you arent within icon range when they drop.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 04:05:45 PM »
I also recommended radar contacts displayed if seen by a friendly since many of us dont use headset but would report locations of known enemies in real life to HQ, sorry if you guys hate that one.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 04:15:52 PM »
I am just wondering, not trying to be a trouble maker. Is the Wishlist useless ? I have not seen a wish granted in a loooonnngg time. Some wishes are extreme and some are very simple. The biggest thing I see are people arguing and  putting down people for their wishes.  Maybe I have missed something...…… Just wondering.

Most wishes are repeats of past wishes that were deemed wishy washy or otherwise rinse and repeat.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 04:40:50 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I'd love to see a list of the ideas that HT didn't implement because of anything anyone said in the wishlist against it.  I bet it's short.  Like, really short.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 04:47:58 PM »
I'd love to see a list of the ideas that HT didn't implement because of anything anyone said in the wishlist against it.  I bet it's short.  Like, really short.

Wiley.

I'd like to see a list of good ideas that were never posted because they didn't want to get swarmed by the usual suspect negativity vultures and shat on for 6 pages.

I guess we'll never know how long that list is.

:noid

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 04:59:15 PM »

I'd like to see a list of good ideas that were never posted because they didn't want to get swarmed by the usual suspect negativity vultures and shat on for 6 pages.

I guess we'll never know how long that list is.

:noid

If only there were a way for people to communicate with HT that didn't involve the community.  Something like sending a letter, but possibly easier.  We could call it an "easy-letter".

I'm surprised a guy that knows code isn't more on board with possible downsides or abuse being a lot more important than potential benefits, especially in an online game.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 05:07:14 PM »
I'm surprised a guy that knows code isn't more on board with possible downsides or abuse being a lot more important than potential benefits, especially in an online game.

I'm surprised a guy like you doesn't think Hitech is capable of making that judgment himself.

You did make one intelligent statement. The only relevant post in a Wishlist thread is the first one.  The rest of the No-Police pile-on is just noise.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2019, 05:14:42 PM »
I'm surprised a guy like you doesn't think Hitech is capable of making that judgment himself.

You did make one intelligent statement. The only relevant post in a Wishlist thread is the first one.  The rest of the No-Police pile-on is just noise.

What I'm more interested in is if I see an easy exploit that I don't see a way around, if the person with the idea has a fix for it.  I love improvements.  I just also see a lot of crap bandied about as the savior of the game.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 05:28:01 PM »
What I'm more interested in is if I see an easy exploit that I don't see a way around, if the person with the idea has a fix for it.  I love improvements.  I just also see a lot of crap bandied about as the savior of the game.

Wiley.

Of course, I wasn't referring to you, necessarily.

If replies to a Wishlist post are truly from a place of positivity to help the OP flesh out the idea and find ways to make it better,  to find ways of making it work, that is great.

If it is truly a bad idea, I don't think there is much risk of Hitech being fooled. 

I think you never want to discourage someone from taking the risk of making a suggestion.  Even a bad one.  Hitech simply won't implement the bad ones.  Don't panic.

The thing I've noticed, is that the usual suspects who are first to slam any idea posted, are usually posters who I have never seen, not once, not one single time ever, going out on a limb and openly posting a suggestion of their own.  Funny how that works.

I guess its always easier, and safer, to simply snipe snark from the sidelines.  (Say that 3 times fast.)

:neener:

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 05:42:25 PM »
Of course, I wasn't referring to you, necessarily.

I'll admit I've been known to get snarky with people from time to time, these days I usually treat people as they treat others.  I'm not proud of a lot of it and I try to do better. 

If replies to a Wishlist post are truly from a place of positivity to help the OP flesh out the idea and find ways to make it better,  to find ways of making it work, that is great.

If it is truly a bad idea, I don't think there is much risk of Hitech being fooled. 

But it might help the person realize why it's a bad idea, and move beyond it to something that is good.

I think you never want to discourage someone from taking the risk of making a suggestion.  Even a bad one.  Hitech simply won't implement the bad ones.  Don't panic.

What happens a lot though is you'll see someone post an idea that literally comes up every couple weeks, then take it as an affront when someone points out why it hasn't happened.

Wiley.

JG11