Author Topic: LA7 less popular? C205 bump?  (Read 4102 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: LA7 less popular? C205 bump?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2019, 10:08:37 AM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2019, 10:18:10 AM »
My Yak never engages WEP when I ask it to, then again my dog doesn't sit when I tell him to either.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2019, 11:17:06 AM »
Funny thing.... I always train my dogs. People are amazed when he takes commands. I am amazed at how many do not train their dogs.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2019, 11:36:44 AM »
Funny thing.... I always train my dogs. People are amazed when he takes commands. I am amazed at how many do not train their dogs.

I train mine too... We used to breed Blueticks, for coon hunting and would train most of them for the people who bought them...

There is a difference between sit and heel....

Like training bird hunting dogs, also...mainly for flushing out quail and retrieving dove and quail

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 01:38:08 PM »
We definitely need a YAK-3 with it's 3 guns , they are both faster than the LA-7 and turns better, and can't be killed  :bolt:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2019, 02:14:52 PM »
Why do yall think the LA7 has become less prevalent in the MA compared to a year ago? It seems that the Yak3 has taken its place. I'd still argue that the LA7 is a more dangerous opponent.

Interestingly it appears the C205 has become more popular... looks like a few players are primarily responsible. Unlocking achievements?

Or perhaps bored with it?

"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2019, 03:52:50 PM »
LA7 is much more dangerous because of that 3 cannon snapshot.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2019, 04:49:32 PM »
Dangerous??? Don't yall get me talking about the C47. That thing is crazy wicked.... and they come loaded with 10 engine disablers.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2019, 09:32:49 PM »
'My dog' doesn't sit because I don't have a dog.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2019, 07:11:23 AM »
Why do yall think the LA7 has become less prevalent in the MA compared to a year ago? It seems that the Yak3 has taken its place. I'd still argue that the LA7 is a more dangerous opponent.

Interestingly it appears the C205 has become more popular... looks like a few players are primarily responsible. Unlocking achievements?

Or perhaps bored with it?

I think it is because the yak is easier to control, and takes a ton of damage.

I tend to shoot my way out of bad situations, so with the twos close performance, its a no brainer to go with the better armed la7.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2019, 10:03:19 AM »
I think it is because the yak is easier to control, and takes a ton of damage.

I tend to shoot my way out of bad situations, so with the twos close performance, its a no brainer to go with the better armed la7.

Yes, the La7 is more dangerous from a snapshot perspective. The quicker you can shoot down planes from further away, the better off you will be. The La7 just gets picked off easier. The Yak does handle extremely well, I was in scissors in a F4u1d with a Yak3 trying to get him to overshoot and he was floating that thing with me at about 75 knots. Was suprised it didn't roll right over into the sea. He then poured the coal to it and turned out right, I would have hopped the 6 then but his 190D buddy came back in. The Yak3 more than likely would have started flopping while excelling away from me at D800. It's a very tough plane to shoot down, Size/Color and I'd say it has quicker movements than the La7. Then you do hit it hard and gets a minor oil leak or something but soars away so you will never catch it. Tough planes overall and I wish they had a small perk TBH.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2019, 02:04:40 PM »
Yes, the La7 is more dangerous from a snapshot perspective. The quicker you can shoot down planes from further away, the better off you will be. The La7 just gets picked off easier. The Yak does handle extremely well, I was in scissors in a F4u1d with a Yak3 trying to get him to overshoot and he was floating that thing with me at about 75 knots. Was suprised it didn't roll right over into the sea. He then poured the coal to it and turned out right, I would have hopped the 6 then but his 190D buddy came back in. The Yak3 more than likely would have started flopping while excelling away from me at D800. It's a very tough plane to shoot down, Size/Color and I'd say it has quicker movements than the La7. Then you do hit it hard and gets a minor oil leak or something but soars away so you will never catch it. Tough planes overall and I wish they had a small perk TBH.

I would probably want to be in the -1,  instead of the -1D, because it can out turn all other F4U models... and if one knows how to really dig in and fly it, the LA-7 nor Yak-3 can handle it....just saying

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2019, 07:22:56 PM »
I would probably want to be in the -1,  instead of the -1D, because it can out turn all other F4U models... and if one knows how to really dig in and fly it, the LA-7 nor Yak-3 can handle it....just saying

TC

I'd take you up on that.. I'm fairly confident I could win against 90% of f4u drivers 1v1 in a yak3 or la7 at low alt as long as you dont get into a slow speed flying contest.

That isn't against the likes of rud3boi violator Simon or Humboldt. Haha
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 07:24:44 PM by atlau »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2019, 08:20:39 PM »
I'd take you up on that.. I'm fairly confident I could win against 90% of f4u drivers 1v1 in a yak3 or la7 at low alt as long as you dont get into a slow speed flying contest.

I'll be on this coming weekend for a few events....come find me if you really want to to do this, God knows I really do have a lot of rust to shake off, LOL

TC

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2019, 09:22:07 PM »

Heh.  Or TC.

- oldman