Author Topic: Russians Mad  (Read 4642 times)

Offline John Galt

• Copper Member
Russians Mad
« on: June 05, 2019, 11:09:26 AM »
VDub

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Russians Mad
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 12:19:38 PM »
D-Day celebrations/commemorations salute the beginning of the liberation of Europe from tyranny—something the Soviet’s could never claim.    Their record in that regard condemns them.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 12:54:47 PM »
Well, after the Russkies got done helping the Nazis kill a lot of Poles they eventually got around to actually fighting the Nazis. After getting their rear ends kicked for a while they did finally go on the offensive, pushing the Nazis back to Berlin and, along the way, enslaving formerly independent countries for more than 40 years.

Credit where credit is due, I guess. Let them claim that as their accomplishment.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline John Galt

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 03:31:20 PM »
Well, after the Russkies got done helping the Nazis kill a lot of Poles they eventually got around to actually fighting the Nazis. After getting their rear ends kicked for a while they did finally go on the offensive, pushing the Nazis back to Berlin and, along the way, enslaving formerly independent countries for more than 40 years.

Credit where credit is due, I guess. Let them claim that as their accomplishment.

They got what they deserved end of story.
VDub

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 05:12:14 PM »

The Soviet State got what it deserved as did the Nazi State when the favor was returned.

I'm not sure if every one of the 20 million humans that perished did individually.

If Hitler had never invaded USSR and the pact had held, do you think we could have defeated the undivided might of Germany?

Could the war have lasted until 1960? 

I guess we would have won eventually anyway since we developed the bomb.  That would have been a mess.

:old:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 07:13:21 PM »
This is why nothing pisses me off more than people calling conservatives 'Nazis'. The Nazis were in Cahoots with the Russian commies from day 1. They were all fighting for the same thing, a communist government take over for all of Europe. Then Hitler decided, meh, screw Russia, we want that too. (How nationalist of him). Stalin realized that Hitler was a crazy lunatic so he joined our efforts out of spite. Since then, the US has always been buddy buddy with the Soviets. McCarthy knew but of course the Soviets and Dems had our media already so they shamed him and made him to be the bad guy. Since then the Soviets and Nazis regrouped with each other as they realized they still had the same overall global ideals of government totalitarian control. Now we have the Russian Soviets, Dem soviets and Nazi Germany leaders like Merkel who have all taken over the EU. That's why the EU has turned against their own people to allow migrants to take over countries. They hate nationalist who are proud of their countries. Russia is mad because they no longer have control of the American people's perception thru the soviet media. Everything the Dems are doing today is reverse psychology projection, a soviet tactic. They shall get no credit from us.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 07:19:30 PM »
The Soviets had the Germans on the retreat since the summer of 1943.  While we were invading Normandy and breaking out of the hedgerows, the Soviets completely destroyed German Army Group Center with "Operation Bagration".  Whether we knew it at the time or not, invading France was more about keeping it free of Soviet occupation than destroying the German army. 

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 09:11:04 PM »
This is why nothing pisses me off more than people calling conservatives 'Nazis'. The Nazis were in Cahoots with the Russian commies from day 1. They were all fighting for the same thing, a communist government take over for all of Europe. Then Hitler decided, meh, screw Russia, we want that too. (How nationalist of him). Stalin realized that Hitler was a crazy lunatic so he joined our efforts out of spite. Since then, the US has always been buddy buddy with the Soviets. McCarthy knew but of course the Soviets and Dems had our media already so they shamed him and made him to be the bad guy. Since then the Soviets and Nazis regrouped with each other as they realized they still had the same overall global ideals of government totalitarian control. Now we have the Russian Soviets, Dem soviets and Nazi Germany leaders like Merkel who have all taken over the EU. That's why the EU has turned against their own people to allow migrants to take over countries. They hate nationalist who are proud of their countries. Russia is mad because they no longer have control of the American people's perception thru the soviet media. Everything the Dems are doing today is reverse psychology projection, a soviet tactic. They shall get no credit from us.

You need some basic history classes. Poli Sci, as well. Maybe just a conspiracy deprogramming program. Of course, you'll be claiming your post was 'facts.'  :D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:15:31 PM by Arlo »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 09:24:05 PM »
The Soviets had the Germans on the retreat since the summer of 1943.  While we were invading Normandy and breaking out of the hedgerows, the Soviets completely destroyed German Army Group Center with "Operation Bagration".  Whether we knew it at the time or not, invading France was more about keeping it free of Soviet occupation than destroying the German army.

Agreed.  Although we didn't know that at the time.  Normandy is quite a bit closer to Berlin than Minsk.

Well...maybe not Berlin, but certainly the Ruhr.

- oldman
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:26:25 PM by Oldman731 »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 10:58:26 PM »
The mere threat of an invasion like D-Day in the West sucked up resources from the German Eastern Front.   The Russians were bullet sponges to the bitter end.   D-Day not only hastened Germany’s demise but made Russia’s slog a lot less costly (by saving the aforementioned time and thinning resistance). 
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 11:09:10 PM »

Agreed.  Although we didn't know that at the time.  Normandy is quite a bit closer to Berlin than Minsk.

Well...maybe not Berlin, but certainly the Ruhr.

- oldman

They knew.   That’s part of why they went ahead with Overlord.   Russian dominance of Europe was a concern.

I’m simplifying but...  The war could have (and would have) been won via air power without Overlord.    But it would have taken longer and likely cost more lives overall—more Russian and German, fewer American, Canadian, and British.   

Just as we swamped the Japanese with our carrier and aircraft production the Soviets swamped Germany with their production of armor and manpower (though Russia was hurting badly by 1945 due to the massive attrition suffered as compared to American forces in the Pacific).   Germany really never had a chance—short of developing atomic weaponry or some other miracle weapon like sharks with laser beams attached to their heads.   The territory they had to conquer was simply too vast for a nation of that size a population.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 11:35:37 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 12:32:05 AM »
I think for the many millions of people that Stalin ordered "left to their fate" they would consider that Stalin lost the war. Stalin killed more of his own people than his troops ever did kill. He even started off the war by cleansing his ranks of anyone that understood German tactics, in particular concerning blitzkrieg and mutual support. He put men into action without proper equipment and left them to absorb bullets and cannon. Entire battalions of tanks engaged without gunnery or tactical training. And also, there were no Russians that invaded at Normandy. We called it D-Day because we broke through the monstrous wall, known as The Atlantic Wall on our way to defeat Hitler. Without the sacrifice of 150,000 airmen killed in strategic bombers the Russians would have faced a much, much harder defense and Stalin may well have lost the effort.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 06:14:05 AM »
I’m simplifying but...  The war could have (and would have) been won via air power without Overlord.   

That was the Strategic Bombing Survey's conclusion.  I thought it was persuasive.

- oldman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2019, 09:53:26 AM »
A lot of supplies from the west was required for Russia to keep moving.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2019, 01:29:41 PM »
You need some basic history classes. Poli Sci, as well. Maybe just a conspiracy deprogramming program. Of course, you'll be claiming your post was 'facts.'  :D

Some how I'm the one who doesn't use logic and resorts to Ad Hominem attacks. :rolleyes:

Hey porkchop, I'm not the one sending letters to the Soviets.
I'm not the one admitting my mentors are Soviets. (Cough Nancy cough).

Stop being a Door Knob.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 01:35:58 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion