Author Topic: 2019 Midway Film First Trailer!!!!!!!  (Read 2154 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
2019 Midway Film First Trailer!!!!!!!
« on: July 02, 2019, 04:52:50 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWvpc2N0oes

They must have been playing Aces High Scenarios.  :devil
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: 2019 Midway Film First Trailer!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 12:23:46 PM »
The CGI look dated. Too much lovey dovey in the trailer.... movie will be saturated in it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 04:41:17 PM »
The CGI look dated. Too much lovey dovey in the trailer.... movie will be saturated in it.

Yeah.   

I’ll be skipping this.  I am sick to death of CGI any way. 

This movie will have enough camera cuts to give you epilepsy, too.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 08:21:27 PM »
Well hopefully it'll boost Aces High subscriptions as I seem to recall Red Tails did.

Offline Windycty

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 09:23:54 AM »
This movie was filmed almost entirely with Green Screen on a sound stage in Montreal. Director Roland Emmerich is no stranger to directing bad films. His highest rated film was Independence Day in 1996 with a rating of 64% approval on Rotten Tomatoes.... I'll be skipping this one.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/roland_emmerich

Windy

"Four fried chickens and a Coke"

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 05:16:15 PM »
It might be an improvement over the WWF meets history version of Pearl Harbor. The trailer has some of that feel, hut...

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 03:22:50 AM »
Well hopefully it'll boost Aces High subscriptions as I seem to recall Red Tails did.

But, only Yak3 can take that many 30mm as the P51 did in Red Tails :old:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 10:30:41 AM »
Well, the Times is reporting they used new research to make the film.  Perhaps SHATTERED SWORD made an impact after all.

https://www.latlmes.com/breaking/midway-movie-to-feature-new-research-1
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 10:43:37 AM »
But, only Yak3 can take that many 30mm as the P51 did in Red Tails :old:

Those 262s weren't shooting 30mm.  The scene where the guy gets HOed by the 262 you can clearly see that the ground crew replaced the 30mm on that 262 with .30 caliber to see if the pilot noticed.

Well, the Times is reporting they used new research to make the film.  Perhaps SHATTERED SWORD made an impact after all.

https://www.latlmes.com/breaking/midway-movie-to-feature-new-research-1

So they were inspired by the new research as well.  I wonder how that will impact the love story. ;)  Getting serious Pearl Harbor vibes from the trailer.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 10:47:07 AM »
Those 262s weren't shooting 30mm.  The scene where the guy gets HOed by the 262 you can clearly see that the ground crew replaced the 30mm on that 262 with .30 caliber to see if the pilot noticed.

So they were inspired by the new research as well.  I wonder how that will impact the love story. ;)  Getting serious Pearl Harbor vibes from the trailer.

Wiley.

;)
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 11:03:32 PM »
Based on the trailer, the film will have the beginning with Pearl, then moving onto Doolittle and ending with Midway.  This will be vastly different from the original.  Mostly due to narrative and the use of CGI.  Practically 80 years from the WW2, there is not enough existing WW2 airframes to handle the job of air combat.  The use of CGI will create a chaotic battle.

Those who posted that they won't see the film because of CGI, then you won't be a good viewer anyway.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 11:57:36 PM »
Based on the trailer, the film will have the beginning with Pearl, then moving onto Doolittle and ending with Midway.  This will be vastly different from the original.  Mostly due to narrative and the use of CGI.  Practically 80 years from the WW2, there is not enough existing WW2 airframes to handle the job of air combat.  The use of CGI will create a chaotic battle.

Nonsense.   There are more warbirds flying now than ever.  (Warbirds.  As in former combat aircraft.   I don’t need smart panties to mention how many planes were flying in WWII.)

I’d rather see computer duplication of actual footage filmed of existing aircraft than cartoons.

Those who posted that they won't see the film because of CGI, then you won't be a good viewer anyway.

Uh.....okay, whatever the hell that means.

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2019, 10:20:00 AM »
Nonsense.   There are more warbirds flying now than ever.  (Warbirds.  As in former combat aircraft.   I don’t need smart panties to mention how many planes were flying in WWII.)

I’d rather see computer duplication of actual footage filmed of existing aircraft than cartoons.

Uh.....okay, whatever the hell that means.

I will see it because I like WWII movies. Dont care if they have a "love story" in it, dont care if they use CGI.... unless they bring back Ja-Ja Bings  :cool: I also know that it is impossible to have real aircraft and ships to cover the battles.

"The Japanese attack on Midway involved four aircraft carriers, seven battleships, 150 support ships, 248 carrier aircraft and 15 submarines. The US defense, meanwhile, was made up of just three aircraft carriers, 50 support ships, 233 carrier aircraft, 127 land-based aircraft on Midway and eight submarines."

There are limitations. Some people expect too much whether it be in games, movies or real life.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2019, 10:23:42 AM »
I will see it because I like WWII movies. Dont care if they have a "love story" in it, dont care if they use CGI.... unless they bring back Ja-Ja Bings  :cool: I also know that it is impossible to have real aircraft and ships to cover the battles.

"The Japanese attack on Midway involved four aircraft carriers, seven battleships, 150 support ships, 248 carrier aircraft and 15 submarines. The US defense, meanwhile, was made up of just three aircraft carriers, 50 support ships, 233 carrier aircraft, 127 land-based aircraft on Midway and eight submarines."

There are limitations. Some people expect too much whether it be in games, movies or real life.

No, I just expect craft, not cartoons.   CGI is a distraction that’s worse than models.  FLYING TIGERS was made in 1942 and overall their model work beats modern CGI by a long shot. 

CGI makes me feel like I am watching the movie through dirty glasses.   #Annoying
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 10:26:11 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2019, 10:25:51 AM »

What I really don't understand with CGI is, they can literally create anything, and we are so good at picking out movement that's against physics, you'd think the guys creating the tech or the artists using it could do better.

I'm not against CGI, I am just against bad CGI.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11