Author Topic: AH Homepage  (Read 3899 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH Homepage
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2019, 04:11:57 PM »
Tripp,

Don't be disingenuous and edit what I wrote if you want to quote it. Quote me exactly or leave my post alone. It draws in question your personal veracity towards others in this forum. But, then you are under an alias and anonymous aren't you.....

Why you have about 30 seconds to keep them engaged before they loose interest. So you saturate their senses with a gory glory montage video with lots of techno beat. Even the music matters to trigger them to be hooked with the beat timed to the kaboomin gore sequences. Game design college courses in Japan go in depth about this relationship of "hooking" the mind of the player with sound, beat tempo, and visual action. In short, it triggers the brain to generate drugs that cause a feed back addiction to the external stimulus. Part of why the younger demographics have trouble getting into this game.

Wrong kind of stimulus on the front page and it takes too long in the game to become the kaboomin hero their personal fantasy says they are. Breaks the brain trigger cycle they are used to since delayed gratification is not a hallmark of their generation. And why some of our more gamer minded are leaving the game while reaming Hitech for screwing them over on the way out the door by not changing his game to suit their gaming addiction needs. It's some how easier to blame Hitech than their own brain chemistry needs controlling their happiness.

And what will make the game accommodate short attention span instant gratification gamers, War Thunder. So all Hitech has to do is reduce the MA to 15 miles by 15 miles and make it two countries with switching sides at will and no ENY. Make your plane disintegrate if you try to run outside of the 15x15 boundary. Blow your plane down at 15,000ft. Install only air spawns. Remove tanks to their own arena. Make all feilds uncapturable to force everyone to fight only against planes. Remove all auto ack and manned ack in the arena. Make all rides free and disable the ability to HO so real ACM will rule the sky. The MA is 24x7 instead of having to wait for two sides to populate for a match up which should be that much more intense and better than War Thunder. And people don't think we old guys have listened to them for what...25 years now someone recently whined.

For almost 20 years this is what many including flippz have really been saying is wrong with the game and has to be changed to, to bring them back and attract younger players.

Your edited version.

Why you have about 30 seconds to keep them engaged before they lose interest. So you saturate their senses with a gory glory montage video with lots of techno beat. Even the music matters to trigger them to be hooked with the beat timed to the kaboomin gore sequences. Game design college courses in Japan go in depth about this relationship of "hooking" the mind of the player with sound, beat tempo, and visual action. In short, it triggers the brain to generate drugs that cause feedback addiction to the external stimulus. Part of why the younger demographics have trouble getting into this game.

Wrong kind of stimulus on the front page and it takes too long in the game to become the kaboomin hero their personal fantasy says they are. Breaks the brain trigger cycle they are used to since delayed gratification is not a hallmark of their generation.

And what will make the game accommodate short attention span instant gratification gamers? So all Hitech has to do is reduce the MA to 15 miles by 15 miles and make it two countries with switching sides at will and no ENY. Make your plane disintegrate if you try to run outside of the 15x15 boundary. Blow your plane down at 15,000ft. Install only air spawns. Remove tanks to their own arena. Make all fields uncapturable to force everyone to fight only against planes. Remove all auto-ack and manned ack in the arena. Make all rides free and disable the ability to HO so real ACM will rule the sky. The MA is 24x7 instead of having to wait for two sides to populate for a matchup which should be that much more intense and better than War Thunder. And people don't think we old guys have listened to them for what...25 years now someone recently whined.

For almost 20 years this is what many including flippz have really been saying is wrong with the game and has to be changed to, to bring them back and attract younger players. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tripp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2019, 07:03:31 PM »
Sorry Bustr, no malicious intent! I sometimes cut out portions of a quote for expediency sake not intending to offend anyone or degrade their post. I do get it though and will refrain in the future. Then Grammarly lends a hand with spelling etc. whether its a quote or not. Again sorry. Also, just so you know I stand by whatever I post and hide behind nothing, Sir...
My email is on my profile summary, is yours?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 07:10:26 PM by Tripp »

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2019, 10:26:02 AM »
IM waiting to see what hitech has to say :-)
Thats my $0.02 worth and its over priced.
Todd

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2019, 12:00:09 PM »
Sorry Bustr, no malicious intent! I sometimes cut out portions of a quote for expediency sake not intending to offend anyone or degrade their post. I do get it though and will refrain in the future. Then Grammarly lends a hand with spelling etc. whether its a quote or not. Again sorry. Also, just so you know I stand by whatever I post and hide behind nothing, Sir...
My email is on my profile summary, is yours?

A lot of people just highlight the part of the quote that they are referring to.  That way it leaves the entire content intact.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2019, 12:16:56 PM »
A lot of people just highlight the part of the quote that they are referring to.  That way it leaves the entire content intact.

Coogan

Trunctating a quote is absolutely ok (and often desirable even) as long as you are transparent about it. Standard usage is [...] when cutting out portions in the middle. I am not going to quote a wall of text with only a single sentence highlighted.
After all, you are linking the original so that everybody is able to check it out.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2019, 12:19:54 PM »
Trunctating a quote is absolutely ok (and often desirable even) as long as you are transparent about it. Standard usage is [...] when cutting out portions in the middle. I am not going to quote a wall of text with only a single sentence highlighted.
After all, you are linking the original so that everybody is able to check it out.

Maybe.  Doesn't appear to be ok to everyone though.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2019, 12:26:42 PM »
Maybe.  Doesn't appear to be ok to everyone though.

You don't repeat a whole book or a whole speech when quoting them either. There are standard conventions for quoting.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tripp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2019, 02:22:21 PM »
I'm out!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2019, 03:17:19 PM »
Love how a thread on "Webpage suggestions" turns into one on "quoting etiquette"  :rolleyes:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2019, 11:40:38 PM »
Love how a thread on "Webpage suggestions" turns into one on "quoting etiquette"  :rolleyes:

Discussions evolve....    :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2019, 01:53:18 AM »
Did you know it's bad etiquette to eat garlic in front of the Queen?

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2019, 04:15:17 PM »
Did you know it's bad etiquette to eat garlic in front of the Queen?

Semp

I heard it makes her fangs hurt.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)