Author Topic: might as well shut down wish list forum  (Read 1841 times)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
might as well shut down wish list forum
« on: July 15, 2019, 01:44:32 PM »
nobody gets a wish answered any more.
it is said Beaufighter won the popular vote for next new plane, that was years ago, where is it? :cool:
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: might as well shut down wish list forum
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 01:51:41 PM »
Listening to Hitech give his reasons for the wish list over the years, I wonder if he at first may have considered calling it the "I have an Idea" forum. In either case, the flood gates for self entitled outrage would be permanently broken and always used by angry orators in the place of a giant gilded podium to assume whipping privileges against Hitech with impudence.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 01:53:14 PM »
lol, I don't know if I was just insulted or not
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 01:59:00 PM »
Much as I'd like to see the Beaufighter...
Sometimes, no answer is the answer.

And sometimes, (hopefully) it's already on the todo list.  :pray
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 03:26:48 PM »
For the past several years, "no" has been the answer for new planes and vehicles.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 03:28:15 PM »
Lots of wishes have been granted over the years. Very few times hitech has  said wish granted unless, sometimes the wish was already part of the game.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 03:30:20 PM »
For the past several years, "no" has been the answer for new planes and vehicles.

I don't recall no ever been an answer to any plane request.  The only no has been for the nuke.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 03:34:04 PM »
nobody gets a wish answered any more.

Not true. I got a wish granted a while ago.  It wan't something complicated like an airplane.  But it was granted.

No, I'm not going to tell you.  You can look it up.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 03:51:40 PM »
I take heart that the only old model left to update is the Temp.  After that, I expect Waffle will be looking for something to do...  Like maybe a G55 or J2M...  :D

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 04:10:00 PM »
it is said Beaufighter won the popular vote for next new plane, that was years ago, where is it? :cool:

Not everything that "is being said" is true. :)
The last plane vote was won by the Me 410 over the Beaufighter (and others).
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 04:14:13 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 04:21:58 PM »
I said wishes for new planes and vehicles. Updating the cockpit does not mean a new plane.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 04:28:37 PM »
I said wishes for new planes and vehicles. Updating the cockpit does not mean a new plane.

No it doesn't, but once the last old cockpit is updated, that likely means he'll move on to adding new planes.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 06:06:43 PM »
I've had several wishes granted over time (though I'm not of the ego to claim they were all about me):

Battleships
Sherman tank (I really thought this would inspire more Bulge like scenarios *ShruG*)
I-16
Animated tailhooks (though folding wings on deck or opening canopies didn't make it)
Tu-2
He-111

I didn't want:

B-29
A graphic update that put everything else on hold for a long time
Even more German armor

And now when I see forum members virtually cry on the BB that they think nothing is being done for them when HTC is at its lowest staff #s to date (and they don't actually know what the current game labor involves) - just because new models haven't been introduced after almost 130 different toys were made I think I'd be of a mind to not really put new models on the top of other priorities if I was HT, either.

Its one thing to put a wish out there and not take it all that seriously, being a rather good sport and another to start making spoiled demands and start rolling on the ground kicking one's feet.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 06:08:50 PM by Arlo »

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 07:42:28 PM »
No it doesn't, but once the last old cockpit is updated, that likely means he'll move on to adding new planes.

Wiley.

Cockpits are never updated by themselves. They are updated along with the rest of the 3D model. It's an all or nothing system.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 09:21:43 AM »
I've had several wishes granted over time (though I'm not of the ego to claim they were all about me):

Battleships
Sherman tank (I really thought this would inspire more Bulge like scenarios *ShruG*)
I-16
Animated tailhooks (though folding wings on deck or opening canopies didn't make it)
Tu-2
He-111

I didn't want:

B-29
A graphic update that put everything else on hold for a long time
Even more German armor

And now when I see forum members virtually cry on the BB that they think nothing is being done for them when HTC is at its lowest staff #s to date (and they don't actually know what the current game labor involves) - just because new models haven't been introduced after almost 130 different toys were made I think I'd be of a mind to not really put new models on the top of other priorities if I was HT, either.

Its one thing to put a wish out there and not take it all that seriously, being a rather good sport and another to start making spoiled demands and start rolling on the ground kicking one's feet.

I'm not whining or crying or demanding, and I know HTC has less help now, and has a lot on his plate, but I see a lot of re-wish's over and over a lot of them wished for back in AH2 when HTC had more people.

I too had a wish granted-having a PT Boat spawn with engine running just like a tank does.

never mind I said anything, I may have posted this in wrong place anyway.

I guess we will see new stuff when we see it. :salute