Author Topic: BBS unreliable  (Read 923 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
BBS unreliable
« on: July 16, 2019, 07:43:12 AM »
The new BBS server seems to be playing up. It is often unresponsive when I click on a post and then if I try again it responds straight away.

I have tried twice to create a post some with some attached skin screenshots but get the following message:-

This page isn’t working
bbsn.hitechcreations.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

If I back arrow and try again it tells me I have already posted, yet the post is not showing in the forum.

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
Re: BBS unreliable
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 08:22:58 AM »
Same here. It's behaving irrationally for me in firefox ver 68.0, but seems to behave okay in windows explorer.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 08:24:31 AM by wrench »
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 08:44:20 AM »
Quite often I cannot even reach the BBS. 

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 10:18:24 AM »
I may have found the issue, let me know it it persists.

HiTech

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 10:29:37 AM »
Still not working flawlessly for me. Took several attempts to log in, and several to get to this posting window.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 12:25:39 PM »
It isn't fixed, the BBS's responsiveness is still hit and miss and I still get the same error message when I try to post with attached screenshots. Could it be the BBS program isn't talking to the file server where attached images are sent and stored?

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 01:11:47 PM »
Until I manually added cookies for bbsn as well as bbs, I had issues. No issues now.

Yesterday, I was seeing the bbs. address but today, it's back to the bbsn. address.

:headscratch:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 01:42:02 PM »
It isn't fixed, the BBS's responsiveness is still hit and miss and I still get the same error message when I try to post with attached screenshots. Could it be the BBS program isn't talking to the file server where attached images are sent and stored?

btw you should be seeing bbsn.hitechcreations.com as the URL note the "n"

HiTech

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 03:05:16 PM »
Haven't had a problem accessing the BBS for about an hour.  Let's see if this will post normally.

Edit:  Yes, it did post just fine.  :aok

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 01:12:37 AM »
Getting to the login screen took a stop and another attempt, and it asked for my login information again which was because yesterday there was no "n" which today is there.

This posting window opened immediately but the ring telling the page is still unfinished kept rolling for quite some time during which I could type normally.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 01:19:24 AM »
The previous post stuck halfway in sending so after four minutes waiting I refreshed the page, getting the "Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted..." And the new reply in question was my post that didn't seem to go anywhere!

Kotisivuni

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 01:24:13 AM »
Repeated the procedure of clicking "Post", looking the progress beam stick halfways, clicking "Reload current page" in my browser gave the same warning and showed my stuck post as being the latest, yet showing the very same text as the new reply.

Kotisivuni

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 03:25:36 AM »
Tried the screenshots post again with a different browser (Mozilla Firefox) but get the same error message as in the OP and again a second attempt tells me I have already posted this. The BBS responsiveness is still very hit and miss. So I don't think this has anything to do with cookies as I have never used this browser to log in to the HTC BBS before.

I always see the bbsn prefix in the address bar even when I launch using an old desktop shortcut with the bbs prefix.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 09:12:03 AM »
The new BBS server seems to be playing up. It is often unresponsive when I click on a post and then if I try again it responds straight away.

Took 4 tries to load this topic.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 01:10:21 PM »
Took 4 tries to load this topic.

Same thing for me.  Randomly seems to hang trying to retrieve a page. If I stop it and refresh, it loads instantly.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.