Author Topic: Been at least 5 years...  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Been at least 5 years...
« on: July 23, 2019, 08:47:10 PM »
After 5 or so years I decided to fly again. The only problem is my gear was in a storage unit in Missoula, MT - 700 miles away. Decided to make it a motorcycle trip to rescue my Thrustmasters.
Anyone heard from Hooter or the 367th Fighter Group? Top Gun members?

Cheers,
Butcher
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:49:07 PM by Butcher »
JG 52

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Been at least 5 years...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 10:59:57 PM »
Welcome back. Nice bike trip. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 11:49:41 AM »
Hi Butcher,  Good to seeya coming back.  Have a safe trip.

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline BOBO

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 11:55:35 AM »
Welcome back!

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 04:53:13 PM »
Nice.
welcome back !
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 08:44:28 PM »
Thanks all; I retrieved my sticks; pedals and track IR. Unfortunately my pedals and track ir were no good when I hooked them up. Thrustmaster however were flawless, unfortunately going from a twisty to my Thrustmasters; I won't back down. I ordered new pedals.
JG 52

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 10:26:15 PM »
Sup dog
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 12:12:04 AM »
dont do something stupid like i did.  my x55 rhino stick stopped working.  just wasnt recognized by windows.  so i went and bought a cheap stick. the thrustmaster, now mly rhino throttle still works, so i figure i'll use it and the stick from tflight.  it was unconfortable to use but what the hell.  stick didnt work, i could set up all the buttons but no yaw, pitch or rudder.  so I returned it to best buy.  couple of weeks later i got the itch to play again, so i ordered the x56 rhino.  so i set it up and same thing throttle works but no yaw, pitch or rudder.

now by this time i am really, really upset, I have a bad back so getting down on the floor and getting up is like really painful.  so I returned it the x56 and got my money back, now this is a 350 stick now.  so I decided to try one more time. so I decided to order the 3d pro, plug back my old x55 throttle and damn stick still has no yaw, pitch or rudder.  i can see them move on the game but when I fly, it doesnt work.

so now I remember that I wrote instuctions on how to set up the x55 when i got it many years go, so I search for the file.  the last line reads in big bold letters, dont forget to calibrate stick for yaw, rudder and pitch to work.

I had to get up and move away from the computer, I told my wife, I'll be back i need a drink or I'll explode.  she puts my shoes on and she goes with me, ask for a shot of tequila, then another, then another, then another, then another.  my wife asked me if I am ok, i said, i am now.  lets go home.  so she brings me home, I calibrate the stick and now I can fly.

had a great time  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2019, 01:07:44 AM »
Thanks all; I retrieved my sticks; pedals and track IR. Unfortunately my pedals and track ir were no good when I hooked them up. Thrustmaster however were flawless, unfortunately going from a twisty to my Thrustmasters; I won't back down. I ordered new pedals.
Pretty sure TIR works the same as back when you were playing....BUT  Did you remember to fire up TIR before you started AH? Might just need new drivers..it has been awhile you know  :neener: More than happy to send you a New TIR if it is just kubar! Seriously! Having players come back is a plus-plus for me...plus its an investment on MY game time fun....yup I am selfish like that LOL If you arent there, how am I supposed to fight ya?  :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2019, 07:40:34 AM »
Good to see/hear you are coming back Butcher!

Sounds like a fun bike ride up through the Bitterroot Valley/Mtn range... I love that area from south of Bozeman all the way up to the Canadian border...

Cheers

TC
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 07:57:03 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2019, 07:31:09 PM »
Pretty sure TIR works the same as back when you were playing....BUT  Did you remember to fire up TIR before you started AH? Might just need new drivers..it has been awhile you know  :neener: More than happy to send you a New TIR if it is just Fubar! Seriously! Having players come back is a plus-plus for me...plus its an investment on MY game time fun....yup I am selfish like that LOL If you arent there, how am I supposed to fight ya?  :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2019, 08:27:36 PM »
Hope to see you in the skies Butcher!

:cheers:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 11:33:41 AM »
<S> Butcher good to see you back!

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2019, 01:31:21 PM »
 :salute

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Ratnick

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2019, 07:28:06 PM »
367th - never heard of them
-samnite