Author Topic: Just an observation  (Read 5475 times)

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
Just an observation
« on: July 27, 2019, 05:01:11 PM »
Just an observation. the constellation Orion's shoulders are tilted too much to his left ( I have noted this before). Also the star in his right shoulder, Betelgeuse, needs to have a reddish tint as it is a Red Giant. Just an observation.

More observations to come later.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Just an observation
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 12:42:58 AM »
that cant be confirmed until the new telescope goes up in Hawaii.  not that it will as I dont think it should be built there. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 04:00:08 PM »
The more I study it, the shoulders are really slopped to hiss left way too much. Also there are not enough stars for his bow. Just trying to make things more accurate.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 08:50:32 PM »
Are you basing your assessment on 1941-1945 galactic positional parameters and figuring in pre-EPA standards?

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 09:12:00 PM »
Arlo has a good point. Melee Arena is Late War. The pollution was terrible too.

:uhoh
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 12:39:27 AM »
leave it to Arlo  :rofl Love ya,Brother  :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 10:11:17 AM »
The devil is literally in the details, brother.  :D

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 12:43:22 PM »
The more I study it, the shoulders are really slopped to hiss left way too much. Also there are not enough stars for his bow. Just trying to make things more accurate.
At what point on earth and when are you viewing from. The entire data set comes in at one time and is the standard star position data that almost everyone uses in astronomy.

HiTech

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 03:53:21 PM »
It does matter where on Earth you are viewing, the distance is so great , it makes no difference. The only reason I'm doing this, ( I could really care less), it gives me something to do other than wish for things that get ridiculed and turned down. Also, it gives me a chance to practice my typing, and make a few a new friend or two and a lot of enemies.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 04:17:12 PM »
Couldn't really care less. Unless, of course, you really can care less.  :D

(Chill on the self-persecution, man.)  :old:

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 04:42:23 PM »
It does matter where on Earth you are viewing, the distance is so great , it makes no difference. The only reason I'm doing this, ( I could really care less), it gives me something to do other than wish for things that get ridiculed and turned down. Also, it gives me a chance to practice my typing, and make a few a new friend or two and a lot of enemies.
Where is the like button?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2019, 05:03:41 PM »

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2019, 08:27:46 PM »
Hate to burst your bubble but the constellation Orion is an optical illusion created by the sub-consciousness for maintaining the concept that all things matter and have a point to the chaos and order of the observable universe.  In reality, each of the individual stars that comprise the "artistic pose' of a hunter shooting an apple are at considerable varying light year distances that the ancient civilizations couldn't know thinking that all the pinsalamanders were of equal distance.

When you see any discrepancies of the placement of the individual stars, that is mainly due to the gravitational shears of nearby black holes causing lensing effects.  Plus, there is vast amounts of gaseous nebulae that can distort the view from an atmosphere that contains more of those gaseous clouds from the water cycle of evaporation.  Just to be complete with more causes of distortion, restaurants that cook and serve bean recipes and foods enable customers to release more gaseous exhaust into the thin atmosphere.

Glad you are keeping on top of things.  The lizard people in the center of the Earth will be presenting you an award for keeping the Flat Earthers safe in their cocoons.

Remember, this is a secret.  Don't tell your spotted plants.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2019, 11:36:05 PM »
The galaxy is on Orion’s Belt/belt.   Everyone knows that.   :old:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 08:58:52 AM »
I blame Zack1234, the awesome, his gravity can reach everything..
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera