Author Topic: Problem with VR  (Read 1589 times)

Offline BTPommyB

• Zinc Member
Problem with VR
« on: August 03, 2019, 04:03:22 AM »
Been using VR for about a year and love it.
A big problem is when you take your headset off for a phone call or comfort break.
You come back and your view is screwed-up. Only solution I have found is log and come back.
Not great if you are carrying kills.

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
Re: Problem with VR
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 07:29:31 AM »
Do you have a button mapped to reset or center your view? I'm not sure I've ever had to re log after taking my headset off.

Offline BTPommyB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 10:21:07 AM »
No I don't have a button for that.
Which key is it?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 11:17:55 AM »
Everyone with VR should map Tracker Center, it's listed under the view commands. It's the same AH key that centers TrackIR.   :aok

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 03:24:42 AM »
Are you using rift with touch controllersor htc vive? If its rift with touch controllers just press the menu button on the right controller then click reset view.

Offline BTPommyB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 03:14:16 AM »
Using Vive Pro (great product).
I have mapped the centre tracking key, but it is sub-optimal because it goes to what AH3 thinks is centre not my centre setting.
Also removing the headset often (not always) results in loss of headphone sound. On/off the Vive will sometimes resolve this, but not always.
Still loving my VR are experience despite the early adopter clunkiness.

Offline BTPommyB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 03:17:24 AM »
Also..not using controllers. Joystick and thruster for me.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 04:05:28 AM »
With the Rift and your "not my center" happens...if Gun Sight is trending to the right (IE you see the leftest part of sight....lean right an hit Tracker Center. There is also a "resetv" command that might correct a audio issue. AGREED!!!! Even with the "growing pains" of VR development....still better than 2d! What times we live in...no? Loong way from Atari  :banana:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 09:05:01 AM »
I have mapped the centre tracking key, but it is sub-optimal because it goes to what AH3 thinks is centre not my centre setting.

The center tracking command resets the head position in AH. The head position is adjusted with F10. When you set the head position you want with F10, the center key will restore it.

Offline BTPommyB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 09:31:45 AM »
er...wearing a headset....keys are not available to me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 09:50:30 AM »
er...wearing a headset....keys are not available to me.

Try using Voice Attack...

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2019, 01:53:18 AM »
Do you have a button mapped to reset or center your view? I'm not sure I've ever had to re log after taking my headset off.
Same her,Brother!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline BTPommyB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 04:23:50 AM »
Logging and restarting is still my best option.
It really should not be so hard for VR users.
Let's have some simple intuitive fixes to these issues please.
We pay enough for you to do the research not the subscribers.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 03:51:00 PM »
Logging and restarting is still my best option.
It really should not be so hard for VR users.
Let's have some simple intuitive fixes to these issues please.
We pay enough for you to do the research not the subscribers.
Might be an issue with "VIVE". Rift works just fine as described :uhoh All I do is move myself to where I want it to look like..hit F10 then recenter button. If memory serves, there have been several posts here about Vive and Acer headsets NOT keeping center very well?  :uhoh Believe ATLAU had this issue posted before? Under VR in Preferences do you have the Auto VR Mode Swap checked? Dont know if that would even be the issue...(i have it unchecked)when I take my headset off and then back on...sometimes the "engine restart sounds" occur...followed usually by Errors about automatic time off of sounds isnt happening? Might even be a Graphics Driver? With NVIDIA if I am not up to date, I get more little quirks in VR.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 12:22:15 AM »
For WMR headsets bad lighting makes the centering issue worse.