Author Topic: Problem with VR  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Problem with VR
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 06:48:06 PM »
I generally fly in a fairly dark room. I had some tracking issues with the Rift S with lights off. I got a little ir illuminator on Amazon, pointed it at the ceiling. Problem solved.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 08:29:45 PM »
I generally fly in a fairly dark room. I had some tracking issues with the Rift S with lights off. I got a little ir illuminator on Amazon, pointed it at the ceiling. Problem solved.

Good tip. I'll have to try that out

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 10:44:07 PM »
Had that issue since last Occulus update....now I know how to correct that..THANKS Drano :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2019, 04:36:34 AM »
I can't take credit for coming up with it! Read it on a forum somewhere. The Rift S has internal cameras that do the tracking and they see IR light pretty well. I verified it using the pass thru feature where you can use the cameras to switch from VR to be able to look around the room without taking off the headset. In the dark room with the IR illuminator on I can see everything. So the cameras see what they need to see to track my head.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BTPommyB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2019, 03:59:45 AM »
Can you make the VR logon a bit less clunky please?
Once my headset is on I dont want to have to take it off.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2019, 09:15:50 AM »
Can you make the VR logon a bit less clunky please?
Once my headset is on I dont want to have to take it off.
Don't understand what's the issue. On the Rift S I am not using the touch controllers for anything in AH unless I need to use the pass thru thing to look around the room but that's not on the outskirts of clear vision. Typing is a problem. Voice attack works great for various commands but regular typing yields a lot of word salad more often than not. I end up deleting stuff it types or tries to with a command that works great for deleting!

I'm still using the mouse tho. That's easy enough to find in front of me. At logon I just save both of my creds on the login screen, move the mouse cursor dot to click OK and click the left mouse button. That's how I'm navigating the menus, hangar, etc., with the headset on. Easy enough. Bring up the clipboard and the mouse cursor appears. The clipboard is up at login. Just point your head to move the cursor at the thing you want to click on and click the mouse. Bingo.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2019, 09:29:56 AM »
Hey Brother, I feel you... but when that happens, I press the main menu button (for rift it is right touch controller menu button) not sure for vive. But when the positioning is messed up, press that menu and instead of clicking "quit app?" Click "reset sensor tracking " or "reset view".
Do that and you are right as rain...

You are a graveyard killer my friend.. A true Ace of Aces.. His prop doesnt start spinning until after 2am... pst that is... Pleasure to fly with you good sir.. sorry for my illness... Im suffering from non stop Shotdownism..

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2019, 09:54:13 AM »
And yeah I just have the same center view button for VR mapped to my stick that I had mapped for TIR before. That way I didn't have to relearn anything. In my case at login the clipboard is usually way high and close up to use so I just click the reset view button and it's back to where I can use it.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"