Author Topic: AH switches to WMR environment and back occasionally.  (Read 626 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
AH switches to WMR environment and back occasionally.
« on: August 06, 2019, 11:17:28 PM »
Anyone have AH jump to the WMR environment for a second or 2 and then go back to AH? Using a odyssey+.

Offline Dread

• Zinc Member
Re: AH switches to WMR environment and back occasionally.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 05:44:11 AM »
Hi Atlau,

I'd never had that problem until I saw this post yesterday. since then it happened about 8 times yesterday evening. There was a windows update that updated the environment came out a couple of days ago that I hadn't installed yet. Installed it lastnight to see if it would help but still got the issue. I think it's the steam overlay is the problem though. Using the Steam VR environment inside Steam to run the game I think just is consuming too many resources.

I wonder is there a way to run the game directly in the WMR environment and bypass the steam one? I'm not sure, but it's infuriating when you're in the middle of a dive and it happens or in the middle of anything really.

I'll keep an eye on this post, see if anyone finds a solution.

Dread

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 09:05:51 AM »
I think ah requires steam vr to communicate with the wmr software.  I've been having this issue a while and recent tried upgrading my cpu but it still happens

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 02:35:44 PM »
Fdski brought up what sounds like a similar issue. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen in WMR?