Author Topic: College football 2019  (Read 61092 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: College football 2019
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2019, 11:47:06 AM »
The loss against BYU cemented my opinion about JG at QB. Kid has to be benched. The coaches are doing the best they can with what they have. Don’t start on the coaches. Get a solid QB and another Recruiting class and we are good to go imo.

Another recruiting season? How many great recruiting seasons do we need before winning anything? While Guarantano may not be the best QB, it is very unfair to not lay any blame on the coaching staff. You know, there is not one SEC school that should ever lose a football game to Georgia State. That kind of loss is an all-involved blame game, I will give you that. The BYU game can harbor differing opinions. Either way, I am not watching another game this season unless it just happens to be on in front of me. I almost bought Homecoming tickets this year, too. Bunch of bums.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2019, 12:50:08 PM »
Can we have Aubrey Solomon back?

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2019, 03:15:17 PM »
Once again... WAR EAGLE !
I suspect this may be the last time I can say it this
year  :pray
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2019, 04:24:40 PM »
My Aggies were not up to the task....  :(
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2019, 09:27:14 PM »
Another recruiting season? How many great recruiting seasons do we need before winning anything? While Guarantano may not be the best QB, it is very unfair to not lay any blame on the coaching staff. You know, there is not one SEC school that should ever lose a football game to Georgia State. That kind of loss is an all-involved blame game, I will give you that. The BYU game can harbor differing opinions. Either way, I am not watching another game this season unless it just happens to be on in front of me. I almost bought Homecoming tickets this year, too. Bunch of bums.

You have to see it through their eyes. You can’t call plays like Alabama with talent like we have. We are very very basic right now because we have to be. I didn’t see much wrong on the coaching side minus the last drive we had. I personally would have tried for a first down. But they chose to call 3 run plays. Which isn’t bad statistically because of how dominant our run game was. If we had a elite QB in that game he would have scored 4 tds. You just watch if we bench JG how the turn around will be. It’s pruitts second year. Get off his back. Takes 3-4 recruiting cycles to get the guys you want. His first class is literally all freshman right now. 18 year olds lol. And he wants to redshirt as many as he can.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 09:29:00 PM by ACE »
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2019, 01:24:17 AM »
My Aggies were not up to the task....  :(

I was pulling for them!  Clemson is so loaded, though, I think it will be hard even for Alabama when they probably meet for the championship.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2019, 02:43:18 AM »
You have to see it through their eyes. You can’t call plays like Alabama with talent like we have. We are very very basic right now because we have to be. I didn’t see much wrong on the coaching side minus the last drive we had. I personally would have tried for a first down. But they chose to call 3 run plays. Which isn’t bad statistically because of how dominant our run game was. If we had a elite QB in that game he would have scored 4 tds. You just watch if we bench JG how the turn around will be. It’s pruitts second year. Get off his back. Takes 3-4 recruiting cycles to get the guys you want. His first class is literally all freshman right now. 18 year olds lol. And he wants to redshirt as many as he can.
Cant really argue any thing you guys(you and Perd) have stated. That being said...I still ask "Why did Butch get fired again?" Injuries, more than any thing else hurt his season..IMHO. Firing him ranks right up there with Firing one of the winning est coaches in record(Fulmer).  You do realize... we may still beat Bama...we pull some of the wall watermelon in those games ..No Wont be holding my breath....as Blue/Purple doesnt look good on me...lol A guy can dream though :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2019, 07:22:26 AM »
Butch was fired because he was a bad on field coach. Very poor adjustments terrible clock management. Lack of his own players skill (Alvin K) for example. Butch went to Texas and put up 700 yards of offense and lost with more than 5 turnovers. Great recruiter. Terrible at developing. We gave him more than 4 years before calling for his head. I’ve been to over 20 games in the last couple years including away ones I’ve seen it all first hand. He’s got us in the right direction. Just needs to bench this sorry QB

The Few

-Spek

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2019, 08:28:48 PM »
Once again... WAR EAGLE !
I suspect this may be the last time I can say it this
year  :pray

Keep winning.  Our game in Gainesville is setting up to be a doozy. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:31:56 PM by RUSH1 »
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2019, 12:29:54 AM »
 :rock Whooo we didnt get beat by UTC! Fla. had trouble with KY...and BYU beat 24USC! MAYBE we got a chance :pray Not gonna hold my breathe...though :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2019, 12:16:55 PM »

Aggies play Auburn next week. That should be a pretty good game.
Aggies better play better than the last 2 weeks.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2019, 07:31:26 PM »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2019, 01:56:00 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU! Oopps sorry...my Vols cant beat Alabama...fired up my "turrets syndrome"! So yeah...massive wordie derds where in effect! LOL

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2019, 03:18:17 PM »
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU! Oopps sorry...my Vols cant beat Alabama...fired up my "turrets syndrome"! So yeah...massive wordie derds where in effect! LOL

It’s all good. Alabama sucks. Most of the fans like their cousins.

The Few

-Spek

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2019, 02:10:01 PM »
So um... Wisconsin is not this good.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown