Author Topic: College football 2019  (Read 61113 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: College football 2019
« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2019, 09:19:01 AM »
Well, if you put effort and look why you would know why PSU was #4, but instead you rather spew out horsecrap because it is not SEC dominate.

Week 1
PSU #15

week 2
PSU #15

week 3
PSU moved up to #13  due to Washington loses to Cal an A@M lost to Clemson. 

week 4
PSU drops to #14 because of Wisconsen big win against #7 Mich

week 5
PSU moved up to #12 because Mich lost to Wincons and #10 Utah lost to USC

week 6
PSU #12

week 7
PSU moves up to # 10 because #7 Aubun lost to #5 LSU

week 8
PSU moves up to #7 because they beat #17 Iowa, #4 UoG lost to SC an #7 FU lost to LSU

Week 9
PSU moves up to #6 because they beat #16 Mich and #6Wisconsin lost to tOSU

Week 10
PSU moves up to #5 because OU lost to KSU

Week 11
PSU #4

week 12
PSU drops to #9 after lost to Minn.

Wow, all make sense to me.
I am not sure who pissed in your cheerios, but I am a PSU fan and not an SEC fan. I am not out to prove why or why not they deserved to be at #4, I said before the Minnesota game they probably shouldn't be that high, and they go out and lose to Minnesota. We have the "any given Saturday" rule, but in general I would say as of last week's rankings there were multiple schools below PSU that would wax them. I think their rank was bloated. But then again, these rankings are just about as useless as NFL power rankings. Also the CFP is dumb.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2019, 10:58:58 AM »
I am not sure who pissed in your cheerios, but I am a PSU fan and not an SEC fan. I am not out to prove why or why not they deserved to be at #4, I said before the Minnesota game they probably shouldn't be that high, and they go out and lose to Minnesota. We have the "any given Saturday" rule, but in general I would say as of last week's rankings there were multiple schools below PSU that would wax them. I think their rank was bloated. But then again, these rankings are just about as useless as NFL power rankings. Also the CFP is dumb.
The playoff was one of the best ideas in college history. They should expand it to make it include 8 teams IMO.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2019, 11:11:49 AM »
The playoff was one of the best ideas in college history. They should expand it to make it include 8 teams IMO.
Yep. I get the want to have an actual 'champion' but the field is way too small. 8 teams would be much better. 5 Power Five champion teams and 3 at-large bids would be better than the current system. Still not perfect, but better.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2019, 11:55:14 AM »
Yep. I get the want to have an actual 'champion' but the field is way too small. 8 teams would be much better. 5 Power Five champion teams and 3 at-large bids would be better than the current system. Still not perfect, but better.

4 was a step in the right direction. If money keeps coming in they ought to go to 8.

The Few

-Spek

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2019, 01:57:25 PM »

Some ppl are confused on why PSU got to #4 so I had to show it.  Would done it with crayons if it helped.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2019, 03:44:27 PM »
Being an Auburn fan... Alabama's loss gives us at least
a chance at the SEC championship...
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2019, 05:09:07 PM »

Eight would be better, but I do not think this format is best. I say that because I feel that even the champion of one of these Power 5 conferences are not better than up to 4 from other conferences. In most cases, the champion should be invited but not all. If USC goes undefeated in the PAC 12, invite them. But, seriously consider who is best, a champion of a conference who lost 2 games in conference or a Georgia or Auburn with 2 losses to the likes of LSU, Bama, and Florida. That is a tough decision to make and either choice has plenty of criticism. It is not fair for schools like LSU, Bama, Michigan, OSU, Clemson, and FSU to be written out of contention because they lost one game to a school that has been listed already. It is also unfair to exclude an undefeated in conference Oregon.

The best option was no champion, as it was for a very long time. But, that is not the American way...there must be a champion!! If you win your conference, you are automatically placed in a bowl against either an at-large or another conference champion. No one wins 1st place, because we honestly do not know what could have been due to the complications of only having 4 finalists presents.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #217 on: November 11, 2019, 06:31:22 PM »
It is not fair for schools like LSU, Bama, Michigan, OSU, Clemson, and FSU to be written out of contention because they lost one game to a school that has been listed already.

I assume you meant PSU, not FSU.  As a Gator, I must point that out.
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #218 on: November 11, 2019, 09:13:30 PM »
4 was a step in the right direction. If money keeps coming in they ought to go to 8.

I 100% agree with you on this.

I think it is inevitable that they go to more than 4, since I do think it will be popular with fans, popular with players, popular with coaches, and bring in more money.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #219 on: November 11, 2019, 09:27:40 PM »

I think it is inevitable that they go to more than 4, since I do think it will be popular with fans, popular with players, popular with coaches, and bring in more money.

I do like the bowl games though. Still gotta keep those somehow.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: November 11, 2019, 09:42:48 PM »

Good to see we agree on something.

Sec still GOAT conference.

The Few

-Spek

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #221 on: November 11, 2019, 10:38:44 PM »
I do like the bowl games though. Still gotta keep those somehow.

I like bowl games A LOT.  (Man, does it annoy me the folks who say "Bowl games don't matter" -- when they are completely wrong.)

I think of CFP games as bowl games, too, though.

So, if we had an 8-team CFP, instead of a team playing in a New Year's 6 bowl game, they would still play during that time in a bowl game, but against another CFP team.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #222 on: November 12, 2019, 01:36:37 AM »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #223 on: November 12, 2019, 10:04:16 AM »
I like bowl games A LOT.  (Man, does it annoy me the folks who say "Bowl games don't matter" -- when they are completely wrong.)

I think of CFP games as bowl games, too, though.

So, if we had an 8-team CFP, instead of a team playing in a New Year's 6 bowl game, they would still play during that time in a bowl game, but against another CFP team.
This.

FlyKommando.com

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2019, 03:21:07 PM »
This is why I'm now rooting for Minnesota. The more they win the more the system implodes and the quicker we get to an 8 team playoff.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown