Author Topic: College football 2019  (Read 61139 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: College football 2019
« Reply #240 on: November 23, 2019, 02:57:45 PM »
Penn State did a lot to make sure they couldn't get going on offense too - they just aren't the team they used to be the last couple years and are still ranked highly for some reason. As a fan they are still fun to watch and the atmosphere in Happy Valley is great, but they didn't stand a chance against Ohio St. lol.

PSU is at a good spot.  They just do not get recognized as much.  Never less, when up against buckeyes you will see a great match.  Lately it better then MICH v tOSU.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: November 23, 2019, 03:06:09 PM »
Go Bucks!  wonder how many All- Americans are on the team.  Answer.........a boatload.  Ohio State didn't play a clean game at all.  3 Fumbles they had to overcome and still won against a good PSU Football Team.  Who's Bama playing??? Another cup cake!  Western Carolina?  Who the hell are they and what conference do they play in?  Bueller?  Bueller?  They played one good opponent and they lost.  Not much to build on to get into the final four.  Big Ten East just may be the toughest division in NCAA Football this year.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: November 23, 2019, 03:12:24 PM »
Go Bucks!  wonder how many All- Americans are on the team.  Answer.........a boatload.  Ohio State didn't play a clean game at all.  3 Fumbles they had to overcome and still won against a good PSU Football Team.  Who's Bama playing??? Another cup cake!  Western Carolina?  Who the hell are they and what conference do they play in?  Bueller?  Bueller?  They played one good opponent and they lost.  Not much to build on to get into the final four.  Big Ten East just may be the toughest division in NCAA Football this year.

Not the toughest but one of the strongest.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #243 on: November 23, 2019, 03:59:41 PM »
Penn State did a lot to make sure they couldn't get going on offense too - they just aren't the team they used to be the last couple years and are still ranked highly for some reason. As a fan they are still fun to watch and the atmosphere in Happy Valley is great, but they didn't stand a chance against Ohio St. lol.

Penn state for sure had their opportunities. But imo they exposed the Buckeyes today makes me happy.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2019, 04:01:02 PM »
Lol. SEC fans living rent free in the Big Tens head. Gotta love it.

The Few

-Spek

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #245 on: November 23, 2019, 04:07:37 PM »

Goes the same other way around.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: November 23, 2019, 04:41:07 PM »

Not in the slightest. It always works itself out in the Natty count ;)

The Few

-Spek

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2019, 05:12:27 PM »

Not in the slightest. It always works itself out in the Natty count ;)

Oh yea.......... :rofl :ahand

Imagine voting penn state into the top 4 only to have the truth come out today.

Yup. Well said.

Vols played well enough to clinch it. Big D stand at the end. Boy are we turning this season around. Can’t wait to be at the vandy game.

Penn state over hyped love it.

Buckeyes don’t play anyone per usual and run up 70+. Can’t be enjoyable watching that. They will stay 1 because of shear points scored imo.

Sec proves once again to be where the good games are. Why is Clemson ranked outside of 4?

Fake #1.

After the best quality loss you could have. His only chance to get in the playoff is to pull the buckeye move and run the boards.

Refs doing all they can to ensure Penn state can’t get going on offense. Did y’all see that False start on their own goal line? Nuts man.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2019, 05:22:42 PM »
joe burrow could not win the starting job at ohio state and look at him eating up the sec. Ace if I was a VAWLS fan id be as miserable as you are too it must really suck to be a fan of a team who never wins I don't know because we buckeyes don't lose too often. is the vawls gonna make the colgate Palmolive tooth paste bowl this year or are they not eligible for that either.

GO BUCKEYES O-H
G3-MF

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: November 23, 2019, 09:55:56 PM »
joe burrow could not win the starting job at ohio state and look at him eating up the sec. Ace if I was a VAWLS fan id be as miserable as you are too it must really suck to be a fan of a team who never wins I don't know because we buckeyes don't lose too often. is the vawls gonna make the colgate Palmolive tooth paste bowl this year or are they not eligible for that either.

GO BUCKEYES O-H

Would love to swap schedules for a year and see you flop. But it’s all in good fun ;)

The Few

-Spek

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #250 on: November 23, 2019, 10:14:10 PM »
Would love to swap schedules for a year and see you flop. But it’s all in good fun ;)

Both will still be playing cupcake teams and few rank teams.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #251 on: November 23, 2019, 10:42:05 PM »
PSU is at a good spot.  They just do not get recognized as much.  Never less, when up against buckeyes you will see a great match.  Lately it better then MICH v tOSU.

My two alma maters.  Sad day. 

I spent my Wonder Bread Years growing up in Columbus, and back again post-grad.  My father had season tickets mid-field (and under the roof!).  I know the crowd.  OSU fans have an uncanny knack for making you hate the team.  Similar to the Patriots crowd...only worse. 

I remember an evening, probably fall 1976, when OSU lost to some team.  My best friend from childhood, a Columbus native, called me.  His wife was crying.  Can you believe that?  Crying over a football game.  Madness. 

- oldman

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2019, 03:52:55 AM »
One week until The Game!  :aok

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #253 on: November 24, 2019, 08:38:32 AM »
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #254 on: November 24, 2019, 10:54:32 AM »
One week until The Game!  :aok

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Best football game of the year.  Voted the best rivalry in football.  The nation will be watching.  Not someone playing Western Carolina or Samford which my Alma Mater Youngstown state University played and beat earlier this year lol.
- The Flying Circus -