Author Topic: College football 2019  (Read 61104 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: College football 2019
« Reply #285 on: November 29, 2019, 04:16:39 PM »
It’s so frustrating talking football with Northern folks.

I don't know if SP+ and FPI are developed by Northern folks.

However, if ACE Rankings(TM) are more predictive than SP+ and FPI, you know that you could easily make $millions in football betting, right?

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #286 on: November 30, 2019, 06:48:28 AM »
I don't know if SP+ and FPI are developed by Northern folks.

However, if ACE Rankings(TM) are more predictive than SP+ and FPI, you know that you could easily make $millions in football betting, right?

I make my money the honest way.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #287 on: November 30, 2019, 09:40:06 AM »
Winners for today’s game?

tOSU v Mich - tOSU
Clemson v SC - Close game with Clemson win
Alabama v Auburn - Auburn
Wisc. v Minn. - Minn.
Okla. v Okla. St. - Okla.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2019, 01:42:36 PM »
Not much of a game in Michigan, so far.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #289 on: November 30, 2019, 01:44:32 PM »

Anything can happen.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #290 on: November 30, 2019, 02:02:39 PM »

Anything at any time can happen in an OSU Michigan game.  It will be close.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #291 on: November 30, 2019, 02:14:23 PM »
Anything at any time can happen in an OSU Michigan game.  It will be close.

That’s what makes this game.  Doesn’t matter who lost to what team previous in the season, this game is all what matters.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #292 on: November 30, 2019, 02:16:38 PM »
Well "THE GAME" has been a snooze fest. Unless one is an Ohio State fan I suppose.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #293 on: November 30, 2019, 02:28:26 PM »
Some game in Ann Arbor...
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #294 on: November 30, 2019, 02:29:49 PM »
Well "THE GAME" has been a snooze fest. Unless one is an Ohio State fan I suppose.

Maybe last year and this year but many games have been a battle that came down to a TD or less. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #295 on: November 30, 2019, 04:18:28 PM »
Even being a Buckeye fan I wish to see Michigan progress to a position of relevance again.  Michigan has a problem.  First IMHO, they are stuck with Harbaugh as a Coach.  Who else would the Michigan Alum be pleased with?  Secondly, they have to recruit.  It is much easier for Ohio state to recruit four and five-star recruits because of their prominence in NCAA Football, it's the same for Alabama et al.

Michigan has not been mentioned as having a possibility of making the playoffs since its' inception. They don't win their bowl games.  It's difficult to recruit an outstanding football player to go to Michigan, and you need more than one excellent recruit.  And to boot in the last 20 years vs. Ohio State they have lost 17 of 20 to the Buckeyes.  I take no joy in saying this.  I want Michigan to be a power again.  It's good for NCAA football as a whole.  Ohio States' recruiting class is loaded for 2020.  As a matter of fact commitments for 2021 are already loaded.  Why?  OSU wins big games making OSU an attractive place for a recruit to play his college football.  And you can substitute Alabama, LSU, Oregon in place of OSU. Look at the number that are noted NFL players from Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, etc. and the Heisman candidates on this years team.  It has been predicted that the four starting defensive backs at OSU will be gone by the third round and Chase may be the first pick in the NFL draft and not to mention JK Dobbins the running back.  And please believe me the fix that Michigan is in does not make me happy at all. It's all about recruiting and then coaching these young men to become excellent football players.

1.) Harbaugh HAS to recruit.
2.) Harbaugh has to win a few important football games.
3.)  Then Michigan has to win regularly, and some important games, not for just one year but for a few more years before they will be considered for a playoff berth.

It's a hole that Michigan will have to dig out of.  It won't happen in one year.  Recruitment is a must.  Coaching must improve and important games against Bowl opponents and ranked teams is a must.

I do hope this happens.  I really do.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 04:27:45 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #296 on: November 30, 2019, 04:39:17 PM »
Even being a Buckeye fan I wish to see Michigan progress to a position of relevance again.  Michigan has a problem.  First IMHO, they are stuck with Harbaugh as a Coach.  Who else would the Michigan Alum be pleased with?  Secondly, they have to recruit.  It is much easier for Ohio state to recruit four and five-star recruits because of their prominence in NCAA Football, it's the same for Alabama et al.

Michigan has not been mentioned as having a possibility of making the playoffs since its' inception. They don't win their bowl games.  It's difficult to recruit an outstanding football player to go to Michigan, and you need more than one excellent recruit.  And to boot in the last 20 years vs. Ohio State they have lost 17 of 20 to the Buckeyes.  I take no joy in saying this.  I want Michigan to be a power again.  It's good for NCAA football as a whole.  Ohio States' recruiting class is loaded for 2020.  As a matter of fact commitments for 2021 are already loaded.  Why?  OSU wins big games making OSU an attractive place for a recruit to play his college football.  And you can substitute Alabama, LSU, Oregon in place of OSU. Look at the number that are noted NFL players from Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, etc. and the Heisman candidates on this years team.  It has been predicted that the four starting defensive backs at OSU will be gone by the third round and Chase may be the first pick in the NFL draft and not to mention JK Dobbins the running back.  And please believe me the fix that Michigan is in does not make me happy at all. It's all about recruiting and then coaching these young men to become excellent football players.

1.) Harbaugh HAS to recruit.
2.) Harbaugh has to win a few important football games.
3.)  Then Michigan has to win regularly, and some important games, not for just one year but for a few more years before they will be considered for a playoff berth.

It's a hole that Michigan will have to dig out of.  It won't happen in one year.  Recruitment is a must.  Coaching must improve and important games against Bowl opponents and ranked teams is a must.

I do hope this happens.  I really do.

They have the talent players that can beat tOSU but the coach is where the heart of the problem.  He needs to go. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #297 on: November 30, 2019, 06:24:14 PM »
At least Alabama and Auburn was entertaining.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #298 on: November 30, 2019, 06:29:00 PM »
Wow, Bama kicker must feel like toejam after that fg attempt.

Lol,  Saban’s tantrum.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #299 on: November 30, 2019, 06:59:23 PM »

Well, I was liking lots of the *1st* half.  The 2nd half, though . . .  :uhoh