Author Topic: College football 2019  (Read 62212 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: College football 2019
« Reply #300 on: November 30, 2019, 08:06:14 PM »
1.) Harbaugh HAS to recruit.

He's done a pretty good job of that.  Average class rankings in past 4 years:
Alabama:  2.0
Georgia:  3.0
Ohio State:  5.5
LSU:  7.25
Oklahoma: 10.5
Michigan: 10.75
Clemson:  11.0

Obviously, you can always do better, but the recruiting is pretty good.

2.) Harbaugh has to win a few important football games.

Each year it does have some good wins mixed in -- importantly except for against Ohio State.

3.)  Then Michigan has to win regularly.

Yep.

It's a hole that Michigan will have to dig out of.  It won't happen in one year.  Recruitment is a must.  Coaching must improve and important games against Bowl opponents and ranked teams is a must.

I think that there are three things.  First is that Ohio State since Meyer is, every year, one of the best teams in the country.  Second is that, under Harbaugh in The Game, Michigan has too many gaffs either in the coaching or play or both, and those need to get turned down.  Third is that, if one single controversial call had gone differently in 2016, things today would seem different.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #301 on: November 30, 2019, 08:07:47 PM »
Also, Hajo, congratulations on Ohio State's large victory.

I hope that they go on to win it all.  :aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2019, 08:09:56 PM »
At least Alabama and Auburn was entertaining.

I thought Alabama would win.  Auburn played a great game.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #303 on: November 30, 2019, 08:12:02 PM »
I think it’s safe to say that tigers got really lucky x3 at the end of the game.  Block pass to a open Bama player at the gold line, Bama field gold attempt to tie the game that end up hitting a pole and not going though the poles, and the final was the call on Bama have 12 players out on the field that gave tigers a first down that allowed them to run the clock down.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #304 on: November 30, 2019, 08:41:51 PM »
I keep rooting for Ohio State until they lose a game, because Blough and Purdue were the last team to beat them. Let them win every game until they play Purdue again.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #305 on: November 30, 2019, 10:10:49 PM »
Also, Hajo, congratulations on Ohio State's large victory.

I hope that they go on to win it all.  :aok

Thank you Brooke. I've lived long enough to witness over 60+ OSU vs. Michigan games.  I've seen Michigan dominate the series and then OSU dominate.  I am sincere when I say I want and wish that Michigan does improve.  As far as recruiting if you watched the game when Dobbins went around right end for the last touchdown he left three Michigan DB's who had a shot at him in his jet stream.  He ran by them easily.  The BIG network replayed two Dobbins touchdowns where that OSU Offensive line demolished the Michigan Defensive Line.  OSU won the battle up front all day long thus Dobbins scoring 4TD and running for over 200 yards.  It was apparent that Michigan just did not have the speed or the power to compete.  Michigan needs to recruit! And after recruiting them COACH THEM UP!  A HS player may be a 4 or 5-star recruit but that means nothing if coaching can't get the talent out of them. I remember when Woody and Bo were hammer and tong in competition for the best Ohio HS players.  I remember games being so close that not one of the young men on the field for BOTH teams hadn't given it there all.  Few remember that Woody and Bo were the best of friends.  Woody gave the Eulogy at Bo's funeral.  Now with OSUs standing in Football and the number of all-pros they've placed in the NFL it is easier for OSU to recruit outstanding HS football players from all around the country.  Michigan needs to do the same.  And it is also as I said before going to take some time to do this.  I'm a BIG Fan of course as you are...........but I remember Michigan being in the thick of the national championship along with OSU.  I wish to see this again before I leave this world.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 10:15:01 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #306 on: November 30, 2019, 10:18:47 PM »
Thank you Brooke. I've lived long enough to witness over 60+ OSU vs. Michigan games.  I've seen Michigan dominate the series and then OSU dominate.  I am sincere when I say I want and wish that Michigan does improve.  As far as recruiting if you watched the game when Dobbins went around right end for the last touchdown he left three Michigan DB's who had a shot at him in his jet stream.  He ran by them easily.  The BIG network replayed two Dobbins touchdowns where that OSU Offensive line demolished the Michigan Defensive Line.  OSU won the battle up front all day long thus Dobbins scoring 4TD and running for over 200 yards.  It was apparent that Michigan just did not have the speed or the power to compete.  Michigan needs to recruit!  I remember when Woody and Bo were hammer and tong in competition for the best Ohio HS players.  I remember games being so close that not one of the young men on the field for BOTH teams hadn't given it there all.  Few remember that Woody and Bo were the best of friends.  Woody gave the Eulogy at Bo's funeral.  Now with OSUs standing in Football and the number of all-pros they've placed in the NFL it is easier for OSU to recruit outstanding HS football players from all around the country.  Michigan needs to do the same.  And it is also as I said before going to take some time to do this.  I'm a BIG Fan of course as you are...........but I remember Michigan being in the thick of the national championship along with OSU.  I wish to see this again before I leave this world.

Nothing last for ever.  Buckeyes will have their winning years then so so.  No college football program ever gone more than 10-12 years of winning dominance. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #307 on: December 01, 2019, 07:25:48 AM »
At least Alabama and Auburn was entertaining.

Always is. Such a close game all the way to the end. You don’t get that much up north. Love the SEC and it keeps proving my points :). QUALITY football.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #308 on: December 01, 2019, 09:34:48 PM »
I think it’s safe to say that tigers got really lucky x3 at the end of the game.  Block pass to a open Bama player at the gold line, Bama field gold attempt to tie the game that end up hitting a pole and not going though the poles, and the final was the call on Bama have 12 players out on the field that gave tigers a first down that allowed them to run the clock down.
Auburn got lucky when Tua got hurt. These three examples are not luck.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #309 on: December 02, 2019, 06:54:09 AM »
Yup.

The Few

-Spek

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #310 on: December 04, 2019, 11:48:58 PM »
SEC guys, which is the better team in your view here at the end of the season, Alabama or Auburn?

If they played again, which do you think would win?

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #311 on: December 05, 2019, 06:53:41 AM »
SEC guys, which is the better team in your view here at the end of the season, Alabama or Auburn?

If they played again, which do you think would win?

If Alabama didn’t have the injuries they would be undefeated and walk their way easily to another title. They lost their generational QB. 

My vote is Alabama.   

The Few

-Spek

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #312 on: December 05, 2019, 02:38:21 PM »

Agreed! but that is the way college football goes  :aok
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #313 on: December 05, 2019, 06:14:33 PM »
Tua Tagovailoa should be back next March if his hip heals without any complications. Bo never recovered from his hip injury. Hopefully Tua will be alright.

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #314 on: December 06, 2019, 06:47:59 PM »
Tua Tagovailoa should be back next March if his hip heals without any complications. Bo never recovered from his hip injury. Hopefully Tua will be alright.

(Image removed from quote.)

He will never be the same. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group