Author Topic: College football 2019  (Read 62106 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
Re: College football 2019
« Reply #540 on: August 15, 2020, 07:24:43 PM »
that is probably true. stats are pretty cold hearted. and demanding. I mean comon', your going to die anyway. why should we not want to get the china virus?  stats say were ok. well probably. Besides, we got a lot riding on you kid. that education aint free.

what other game is like this? russian roulette?  billion dollar, everyone is watching, russian roulette.

But what ever. let me get that china virus.  I can beat everything!  even a man made mutant the world has never seen. bring it on, we got a game to play!

This is the attitude that has the USA in such a f##ked up state with the covid.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #541 on: August 15, 2020, 07:39:29 PM »
explain what u mean, maybe some examples.

im lost in the toss up assumption, is he talking about the f up to take it serious, the f up to screw the economy, the f up to contain the virus, the f up to political divide, the f up to respect another, the f up to think tyranny is justified by fear, the f up to bastardize science for ones own opinion.  where is the f up?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #542 on: August 15, 2020, 10:46:25 PM »
that is probably true. stats are pretty cold hearted. and demanding. I mean comon', your going to die anyway. why should we not want to get the china virus?  stats say were ok. well probably. Besides, we got a lot riding on you kid. that education aint free.

what other game is like this? russian roulette?  billion dollar, everyone is watching, russian roulette.

But what ever. let me get that china virus.  I can beat everything!  even a man made mutant the world has never seen. bring it on, we got a game to play!

Everyone will have covid before it is over. Many have had it and don't even know it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #543 on: August 15, 2020, 10:48:45 PM »
This is the attitude that has the USA in such a f##ked up state with the covid.

The US is not messed up because of covid. The US is under attack from within.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #544 on: August 16, 2020, 06:39:25 AM »
The US is not messed up because of covid. The US is under attack from within.

The virus is the least of our worries or should be.

This is the tool the world waited for to reset it.

They have been screwing the pooch financially for decades.

Money is worthless, we are down to negative interest rates.

You can't print trillions of dollars out of thin air and it not cause major problems.

Too bad it is also an election year where both sides want the current admin gone and will do anyghing to get their little party back to pre 2016 days...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #545 on: August 20, 2020, 04:21:46 PM »
Not so much.

When I said risk of lawsuits over cancelling is not zero, these now-percolating things are exactly the sort of things I had in mind.

Group Of 5 Athletic Directors Suggests They’ll Sue Big 10 Teams Over Canceled Nonconference Games
"The B1G decided Thursday to cancel all nonconference games during the coronavirus pandemic, and that means Group of Five teams will lose millions of dollars."
https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/10/group-of-5-ad-big-10-canceled-games-lawsuit/

Attorney requests docs behind Big Ten decision to cancel season
"An attorney representing several players’ parents in the Big Ten is requesting documents from the conference’s member institutions in an effort to gain more insight behind the decision to cancel the fall football season."
https://247sports.com/Article/Attorney-requests-documents-behind-Big-Ten-decision-to-cancel-season-150470821/

Attorney Tom Mars Requests Documents Behind Big Ten Postponement Decision
https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/news/tom-mars-requests-documentation-from-big-ten

Michigan football parents demand reversal of Big Ten decision in letter to Schlissel, Warren
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2020/08/17/michigan-football-parents-demand-reversal-big-ten-decision-letter-mark-schlissel-kevin-warren/5598358002/

Ohio State parents ask Big Ten to reconsider canceling season
"Due to the safety protocols put in place, our students are safer in the program than the other students who are already returning to campus."
https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Ohio-State-football-parents-ask-Big-Ten-to-reconsider-canceling-season-150315816/

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #546 on: August 20, 2020, 07:54:27 PM »
I dont see that one getting far, considering sate and federal guidelines do not allow such behavior.

The dog eat dog society is evolving with this issue. I hope Michigan does not loose any good talent.

Pretty selfish to want a kid to go to my school so it pads my ego.  Imagine wanting a kid to go against pandemic guidelines, so i can pad my ego?

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #547 on: August 22, 2020, 12:12:04 AM »
These people need to stop whining and face the fact that the NFL is going to do the health test on this and that the season isn't cancelled, just delayed to the spring.

The schools that do play, if they don't back down, will have out of control infections, period. They'll need to sue B1G schools for lost games just to pay back some bankruptcy creditors themselves from all the lawsuits from those they kill by playing the games.  Oh yeah and players suing who get complications and can't go on to the NFL due to permanent reduced heart or lung function.

What's your over/under on how many coaches and refs die from Covid at the schools that do play fall football?
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #548 on: August 22, 2020, 03:05:31 AM »
Im looking at a 5 year pandemic. so my numbers are as follows. 15,6,3,4,1

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #549 on: August 22, 2020, 03:20:49 AM »
These people need to stop whining and face the fact that the NFL is going to do the health test on this and that the season isn't cancelled, just delayed to the spring.

Spring football has two very large disadvantages to players.

First is that spring football followed by the next season starting as usual leaves them significantly less time to heal up from a season, which is very important for their performance and probability of injury in the subsequent season.

Second is that NFL drafts are in the spring.  Players wanting to go into the 2021 draft will need to skip the 2020 season.  There are Michigan players, for example, who forwent the 2020 draft in order to play the 2020 season, to get better and to show their progress prior to the draft.  Now, they can't do that and instead lost an entire year.

It's their life.  They should get to determine such things for themselves.

The schools that do play, if they don't back down, will have out of control infections, period.

There are parents (including some who are doctors who treat SARS-2 patients) who feel that players are less likely to get SARS-2 playing football, where things are better controlled than for the general population.

What's your over/under on how many coaches and refs die from Covid at the schools that do play fall football?

Because of the above (football potentially being safer from infection than typical people's lives), I don't think that the number of coaches and refs to die from covid because they are involved in football would be a lot greater than the number of coaches and refs to die from covid who are not involved in football.  I think that the number of them dying from covid would not be much greater than the average for people overall in their age range.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #550 on: August 22, 2020, 03:32:51 AM »

The schools that do play, if they don't back down, will have out of control infections, period. They'll need to sue B1G schools for lost games just to pay back some bankruptcy creditors themselves from all the lawsuits from those they kill by playing the games.  Oh yeah and players suing who get complications and can't go on to the NFL due to permanent reduced heart or lung function.

Fear much?

I can't imaging folks who lock themselves in their home.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #551 on: August 22, 2020, 09:14:28 AM »
Fear much?

I can't imaging folks who lock themselves in their home.
Same. If folks just turned their TV off the world would be a better place.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #552 on: August 22, 2020, 01:16:36 PM »
If, like basketball, all of the players get tested before they play. Then be allowed to play if they test negative. They would be perfectly fine. How do you pass something if you are negative?

Given that a large # of people don't even feel sick, I feel as though its not very risky at all to play. Viruses never stopped football teams in the past.

Taking Quercetin with zinc should help you to prevent getting the virus. There are ways to fight the virus and prevent a virus without a 'vaccine". Youd think athletic doctors and trainers would be speaking out.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #553 on: August 22, 2020, 05:57:06 PM »
The real question is, why take the risk? So that universities which are both state and privately funded don't lose money? If it truly is for the players and their professional aspirations, NFL teams should simply look at the information they have from the previous year played and extensive combines, workouts, etc. in a safe environment.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #554 on: August 22, 2020, 07:39:55 PM »
The real question is, why take the risk? So that universities which are both state and privately funded don't lose money? If it truly is for the players and their professional aspirations, NFL teams should simply look at the information they have from the previous year played and extensive combines, workouts, etc. in a safe environment.

Men take risk all the time. Just playing the game is a risk. Those that choose not to can stay home.

80th FS "Headhunters"