Author Topic: College football 2019  (Read 62202 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: College football 2019
« Reply #615 on: September 02, 2020, 10:40:43 PM »
Some light reading for those of you with college-age children:

https://www.channel3000.com/while-covid-19-cases-spike-among-children-fauci-says-colleges-shouldnt-send-infected-students-home

that make sense, isolate the students in their dorms instead of going home and infect the whole family.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #616 on: September 02, 2020, 11:52:49 PM »
Educated folks know we have been through this many times before.

If you are afraid, stay home.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #617 on: September 03, 2020, 02:36:02 AM »
Educated folks know we have been through this many times before.

If you are afraid, stay home.

when was the last time when almost all countries in the world shut down? i don't recall that.

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #618 on: September 03, 2020, 03:52:36 AM »
when was the last time when almost all countries in the world shut down? i don't recall that.

semp

Never...   never have. Probably never again once the body count from the shut down and the damage is totaled.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #619 on: September 03, 2020, 06:08:46 AM »
It is the perfect boogieman..

So much better than " terrorism"

It will be used again and probably very soon

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #620 on: September 03, 2020, 07:50:44 AM »
Ohio state in the SEC?  They’d never make a playoff again. 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #621 on: September 03, 2020, 10:55:48 AM »
Ohio state in the SEC?  They’d never make a playoff again.

You seem not to remember the last time Ohio State played Alabama.  OSU beat them up physically as well as on the scoreboard.  And the SEC has it's cupcakes in the league also.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #622 on: September 03, 2020, 01:27:13 PM »
https://youtu.be/jl7H4VfYtZU

Enjoyed that game very much

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #623 on: September 03, 2020, 02:27:48 PM »
I thought they were all under a contract that they were required to play games.

If this is going to be a problem, then they need to make an amendment to the contracts - players can not opt out of playing a game due to politics/protests/etc. First offense is a fine of $1,000,000, 2 mil, 4 mil, 7 mil, then 10 mil. After the 5th offense, the player will be removed from the roster for the rest of the season with forfeiture of pay of the duration of the season. If the player holds a multi year contract, they will be placed under probation for the next year. Any repeat offense for refusing to play any game for the above reasons that would place them in violation of their contract which the player would be immediately dismissed from the team. The balance of the money owed to the player after dismissal would be null and void

But that wont happen because you know, its racist and stuff.

well apparently my wife says its scholarships, not contracts. I was thinking about the NFL.

Then the college players should instantly lose their scholarship instead and permanently ejected off the team after the 5th offense. But they wont because it would cause riots and looting at the colleges by the terrorist groups
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 02:31:40 PM by Meatwad »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #624 on: September 03, 2020, 02:58:53 PM »
I thought they were all under a contract that they were required to play games.

If this is going to be a problem, then they need to make an amendment to the contracts - players can not opt out of playing a game due to politics/protests/etc. First offense is a fine of $1,000,000, 2 mil, 4 mil, 7 mil, then 10 mil. After the 5th offense, the player will be removed from the roster for the rest of the season with forfeiture of pay of the duration of the season. If the player holds a multi year contract, they will be placed under probation for the next year. Any repeat offense for refusing to play any game for the above reasons that would place them in violation of their contract which the player would be immediately dismissed from the team. The balance of the money owed to the player after dismissal would be null and void

But that wont happen because you know, its racist and stuff.

well apparently my wife says its scholarships, not contracts. I was thinking about the NFL.

Then the college players should instantly lose their scholarship instead and permanently ejected off the team after the 5th offense. But they wont because it would cause riots and looting at the colleges by the terrorist groups

by rule these kids have no money. the institution and surrounding economies make a living off them, under the ruse of a free education.  The issue of contracts exposes a obvious problem. these kids should be PAID for their product.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #625 on: September 03, 2020, 06:41:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure most nfl players dont get 400 million contracts, a few do but by that's the exception, just checked and average pay is around 2 million, falcons had the highest 4 million.

average number of years they play is 3 to 4. think about that.

college get zip.

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #626 on: September 03, 2020, 09:05:00 PM »
by rule these kids have no money. the institution and surrounding economies make a living off them, under the ruse of a free education.  The issue of contracts exposes a obvious problem. these kids should be PAID for their product.

Scholarships.....
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #627 on: September 04, 2020, 12:52:27 AM »

I'm not here to defend the overpriced universities across the country, but the players get more than a free education, which many CHOOSE not to take advantage of.  They receive free room and board, top notch healthcare, tutoring regular students can only dream of, opportunity through contacts/connections they can use later, some of the best coaching and conditioning to help them reach their goal of making millions at the next level, a guaranteed job in the offseason and finally, stipends if they come from a low income family.  The only thing I am in favor of is allowing players to profit from their likeness once they leave college.  Other than that, I feel the tradeoff is more than fair.     
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #628 on: September 04, 2020, 05:19:53 AM »
You seem not to remember the last time Ohio State played Alabama.  OSU beat them up physically as well as on the scoreboard.  And the SEC has it's cupcakes in the league also.
Our cupcakes don’t usually lose by 50+
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #629 on: September 04, 2020, 08:06:03 AM »
Paying kids to play college sports will ruin it

Are the cheerleaders and band going make $$$ too?

Why not? If free college is not enough, where and how do you draw the line?

Eagler