Author Topic: Steam Marketing  (Read 10459 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Steam Marketing
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2019, 08:57:55 AM »
1/2 the current subscribers would quit paying.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2019, 12:27:38 PM »
I read all this stuff, 99% of it is clueless dolts posting things they are passionate about but lack any information . Many times the posters have blinders on and don't see how many things have been tried that didn't produce results.

But then on occasion there are posts that actually do have a good idea. Most posts have no ideas at all they are nothing but grinding axes by players who have passed there exportation date.

In this thread there was one idea I liked.

HiTech

With all respects HT, if your ideas worked we wouldn't be here complaining. We would be engorging on the gameplay/players and too busy enjoying ourself to even bother complaining. Its not very respectful to cast people as clueless dolts...

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2019, 12:43:43 PM »
With all respects HT, if your ideas worked we wouldn't be here complaining. We would be engorging on the gameplay/players and too busy enjoying ourself to even bother complaining. Its not very respectful to cast people as clueless dolts...

You quoting HT's post and then respond as if you are taking it "personally", regarding the clueless dolts....

Posting that makes you look more like a "wet behind the ears lemming" that has actually pointed out that you are only here to complain that the game is not set up for the way "YOU" want it and upsets "YOU", because HiTech will not bend to "YOUR" wants....

How it looks from here....

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2019, 12:56:25 PM »

Ok, "dolt" might be a bridge too far, but would you characterize the 80th person to post a thread about advertising saving us all as having a clue?

Wiley.

(and this is why if I were HT I would have an intern that monitors the boards, as opposed to doing it myself)
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2019, 01:04:46 PM »
I find it humorous that I posted some stuff off the top of my head to maybe get some new ideas flowing but instead of that it's turned into the same thing that these threads always do. lolz

I suspect there is some idea out there that could increase the numbers in the game. I believe that somewhere in the world people there are people who would be interested in this game. Maybe I'm just a optimistic dolt?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2019, 01:21:29 PM »
With all respects HT, if your ideas worked we wouldn't be here complaining.

Well, to be fair, the vast majority of his ideas do work, and have for 20 years, or we wouldn't have a game to complain about.  No one can get 100% right 100% of the time.

But, just because something has been suggested 100 times doesn't make it wrong.  And just because Hitech likes an idea doesn't make it right, and just because he doesn't like an idea doesn't make it wrong. 

But it is his rice bowl at risk, so in the end it's his call.

[Edit]  In my opinion, Hitech is willing to listen a surprising amount.  More than some of his customers.  Try telling EA what you want.  Somethings you can convince him on, some things you don't.  Yet.  :cool:   

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:28:46 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2019, 01:29:14 PM »
Either way, calling posters to your bbs in a "marketing" thread Dolts, lol, every marketing manager Ive ever worked for is shaking his head in disbelief
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:41:30 PM by Hungry »
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2019, 02:23:19 PM »
Did you read the ideas?

Hitech is talking about the wish list generally not just  this thread, this thread is an example where he found an idea he liked.  :D

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 03:04:17 PM by FLS »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2019, 02:31:30 PM »
What bugs me is how people freak out when they're given an honest opinion versus being given some marketing doublespeak "We here at company x deeply value your input.  Please, do tell us what other barely-thought-out ideas you have?"  blahblah.  To me, that's completely meaningless.  It's like placating a child.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2019, 03:21:40 PM »
point being in marketing 101, never insult your customer base 99% I believe is what he said about this thread.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2019, 03:23:36 PM »
So he's supposed to take it in the nads by clueless dolts infinitum and pat them on the head with participation trophies and tell them they are advertising geniuses because they can use their keyboard? I agree with Hitech, clueless dolts and personal ax grinders of dead axes.

So far since the era of freemium pay to win took over with the 2008 global economic crash to sucker people into spending money to get their fix. Most of the marketing geniuses by the end of their sales pitch end up telling Hitech, make it free and they will come. Then they poise themselves to get their victim outrage fix when they are not agreed with and insult Hitech for being mean to them.

You guys should be paying Hitech for the free victim outrage fix you get here in his forums. That might pay for all of the "free" you peddle him as free marketing advice. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2019, 03:24:44 PM »
point being in marketing 101, never insult your customer base 99% I believe is what he said about this thread.

Personally, as a customer I'd rather hear the truth than have smoke blown up my backside.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2019, 03:53:27 PM »
cant say what needs to be said it would bounce right off anyway
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 03:59:17 PM by Hungry »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2019, 04:23:29 PM »
cant say what needs to be said it would bounce right off anyway

Heaven forfend people have a difference of opinion.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2019, 04:46:43 PM »
Heaven forbid people have an open mind. Difference of opinion is one thing cast in stone is another.