Author Topic: Problems with extreme flickering with occulus Rift  (Read 522 times)

Offline Gremln24

• Zinc Member
Problems with extreme flickering with occulus Rift
« on: August 17, 2019, 04:02:02 PM »
Ever since the switch to the new servers I've had problems with extreme flicker using the occullus rift. Its almost unusable at this point. I checked my occullus and Nvidia video card software and both are up to date. I don't experience the flicker in other applications just Aces High. Any advice?

Gremln24

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
Re: Problems with extreme flickering with occulus Rift
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 04:57:01 PM »
At one point I was having that problem with the CV1 and it ended up the hdmi cable. It was damaged right where it clips to the headset and the signal would cut in and out.  Windows has also had a couple recent updates that may have caused it. 

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 11:00:41 PM »
Could be a Driver update? Do you "Opt in" on the Beta testing Oculus has? That cleared some issues I was having...also a big Windows update is out.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Gremln24

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 08:04:01 PM »
Thank you for the help gentlemen!  I updated Windows and the problem cleared. I think that was it!

Gremln24