Author Topic: Vehical Hanger Object Destructability.  (Read 582 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Vehical Hanger Object Destructability.
« on: August 17, 2019, 08:04:00 PM »
I'm reporting this becasue with the release of AH3 from time to time when helping attack a field, the vehicle hanger acts impervious to bombs. It seemed random across different terrains but, not often enough to be a game stopper.

I have an offline only gunnery and bombing practice terrain that I just set down 5 "VHH2" objects owned by field 1 and set as "Veh Hgr", "Can Collide". If there is a maximum number of VH objects owned by a single field limit I have exceeded and that causes this problem, I understand. The problem is randomly across these 5 VHH2 which are ganged together in a 1 mile square, one each corner, 1 in the center. At the beginning of a new offline session I can target any one of them and destroy it. From time to time one of the remaining 4 will become indestructible or need far more bombs to destroy it than the default setting of 2.7813. I set the downtime for many objects including these to 1.00 to aid in bombing practice.

If you require it I will post a copy of the terrain file for you.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Vehical Hanger Object Destructability.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 08:08:16 PM »
Update.

I had a 15k bomber air start object sitting above the center of the 1x1 square I placed the VHH2 objects on. I just moved it a mile over. Not sure if that was causing the random issue.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Vehical Hanger Object Destructability.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 08:17:39 PM »
If I load the DOD file with the down times set to 1.00, that makes the VHH2 objects indestructible.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing