Author Topic: Devil comments  (Read 7884 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Devil comments
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2019, 02:49:43 PM »
Stay there, it is fine. I completely understand that people want to fly Allied and Spitfires. Most English speaking people do. It is we Luftwhiners that are the weirdos. We have better planes, better pilots and still complain!

HEh.  Well I wanted to try a Spit IX.  I hadn't flown it in ages.  Honestly, I'm already missing my Emil.  :D

The big problem I've had though with all the German iron is the right-offset gun site.  I fly VR which means things work like in real life.  However, I'm left eye dominant, so it feels really unnatural for me. I tried re-centering so my left eye is looking through, but then my face is being smushed up on the right side of the cockpit glass which is a silly way to fly.  :rofl

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2019, 02:51:03 PM »
The spits  don’t concern me the least. It’s EZ mode hence people that fly them develop bad habits and F8s are faster and can outlive them. I have greater concerns about the Jugs. They tend to attract better sticks and they dive extremely well.

Well my advice then, as always, is to keep your eyes on the Jugs.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2019, 02:55:22 PM »
HEh.  Well I wanted to try a Spit IX.  I hadn't flown it in ages.  Honestly, I'm already missing my Emil.  :D

The big problem I've had though with all the German iron is the right-offset gun site.  I fly VR which means things work like in real life.  However, I'm left eye dominant, so it feels really unnatural for me. I tried re-centering so my left eye is looking through, but then my face is being smushed up on the right side of the cockpit glass which is a silly way to fly.  :rofl

We have 190's as well.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2019, 03:37:11 PM »
You can try....You can also try peeing in the wind and expecting not to get wet, I suspect the results will be the same.

I love it! Let's get it on  :t
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2019, 04:15:30 PM »
The spits  don’t concern me the least. It’s EZ mode hence people that fly them develop bad habits and F8s are faster and can outlive them. I have greater concerns about the Jugs. They tend to attract better sticks and they dive extremely well.

I usually fly a 38J. I have to ease off the stick and rudders.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2019, 05:30:45 PM »

First, I assume you are talking about the guys who agreed to fly P-40's with me:  Popsman (who is my father), Killyjim (best man at my wedding), TheKenzr (my nephew), Tudza (my college buddy and co worker), and 1ijac (long-time AH pal, awesome AH pilot, and all around excellent human being).

Not only are these guys all fine human beings outside the game, they are fine assets to scenarios, because they are always willing to contribute and help out.  Many historical setups are not composed of only highly favored planes.  These guys are willing to fly those P-40's, Stukas, Il-2's, He 111's, B5N's, 110's vs. P-51's, etc. so that we have those historical yet unfavored planes filled and so that others can fly the highly preferred planes.  Then, they show up every frame and never quit, even if we are getting annihilated.  They never complain.  They don't badmouth anyone.  They maintain high, positive morale no matter what.  Those are high-quality guys.

Yeah, those guys are who I am referring to. I agree, they are stand-up guys. And they follow along happily wherever you go.

Seems to me you have an Axis recruitment problem and your guys heading to the Axis would help remedy that situation.

Second, I already offered to be axis CO.  I wasn't taken up on it.  We long since moved on.  Now I'm done with my recruiting (after lots of PM's personally inviting my contacts to fly specifically with me in specific roles) and have built my command team.

Did you? Looks to me like you appointed Perdweeb without him agreeing to do the job and then announcing that he was Axis CO to the public.

However, I will do this for you, Devil.  Next time I'm needed to fill in as a CO, and if there is flexibility on which side that is, you choose which side I go.

I'll do that whether or not you fly in Anzio.

I wanted you to fly in Anzio for two reasons.  One is to help a good guy (Perd) who might also be an AH pal of yours.  That's independent of what you think of the setup -- that's helping someone out.  Second is that I think you'd end up having fun.  But you are very certain that you won't, and under those circumstances (as in Henry Ford's saying "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right"), you will be right.

So, we'll see how it goes, and I hope that you join us in the next scenario that is more to your liking.  :aok

No, Brooke. I don't care about the next scenario.

What I want, is for you to make this one playable for both sides. Or if you are so sure that it is playable - despite me and the low number of Axis registered pilots telling you otherwise - that you put your money where your mouth is and lead the Axis in this scenario.

And for that I am willing to dedicate a four Saturdays of my time to a task that I don't enjoy just to prove a point to you. Because I believe that you will remain ignorant to the fact that this design is unwinnable for the Axis unless you are forced to attempt to design a winning plan for that side.

To make you eat that humble pie will make all those bomber sorties that I fly worthwhile.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2019, 05:45:49 PM »
We have 190's as well.

Well, like I said, the offer is open if you need people to switch.  Just give me a little heads-up before so I can do a little practice in what ever I'll be dying in.

:neener:

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2019, 05:59:34 PM »
That's right... Keep talkin boyz. :aok You don't need an enigma machine.
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2019, 06:03:40 PM »
That's right... Keep talkin boyz. :aok You don't need an enigma machine.

You already know the plan. No need for secrecy.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2019, 09:36:27 PM »

Well my advice then, as always, is to keep your eyes on the Jugs.

:rofl

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2019, 01:07:51 AM »
Did you? ... Looks to me like

Yes.  Specifically:  "By the way, I have volunteered to be allied CO if we don't get some other volunteer soon.  However, if folks think we can fill P-40's without me and my guys in them, I would be very pleased to volunteer to be axis CO".

What it looks like to you can't be the whole picture because you don't see the CM forums and my PM's.  Also, I don't determine everything.  The scenario team goes by majority vote, of which I am one vote.

What I want, is for you to make this one playable for both sides.

I'm with you.  I want that, too.  Very much.  I do think it is playable for both sides.

BUT --

That doesn't mean it's perfect.  I've been talking to Perd a lot about things from his perspective, and I think we've got some changes that will make it a lot better.  We'll have that out soon.

you put your money where your mouth is

I understand, and I like that concept, too.

I've done it at times.  I argued for Ta 152's in Fjord Fury.  Folks said that would doom the Lancs.  I flew Lancs and took the allied side and put my money where my mouth is.  I argued for Bf 110C/Ki-45's in Leyte.  Folks said they'd be doomed.  I flew those and put my money where my mouth is.

And flying P-40's in Anzio -- because I thought P-40's would be by far the least-favored spot of anything on either side.

I would be up for changing sides instead, but not at this stage.

To make you eat that humble pie

I completely understand that sentiment.  It's totally natural, and I feel that way myself sometimes, too.  When we run a scenario, whenever I'm on the winning side and if there are any complaints on the other side, I always wish we could re-run it with the sides swapped.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2019, 01:10:19 AM »
You already know the plan. No need for secrecy.

Perd's secret plan is to have a non-secret plan that people think is the opposite of the real plan because he didn't make it secret.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2019, 10:17:34 AM »
Perd's secret plan is to have a non-secret plan that people think is the opposite of the real plan because he didn't make it secret.

I wish that were true as then I would be a genius.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2019, 01:54:25 PM »
Devil, wing up.  I just told Perd I'll fly for him.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2019, 02:26:16 PM »
Devil, wing up.  I just told Perd I'll fly for him.

:noid :noid :noid
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde