Author Topic: how post pics?  (Read 810 times)

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
how post pics?
« on: August 28, 2019, 02:06:09 PM »
see above

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: how post pics?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 02:11:44 PM »
Use a file hosting service, upload your pic, and use their link to display it.

This link has a list of providers.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_hosting_services

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 01:35:24 AM »
Under some topics here like this one there's the "Attachments and other options" available below the typing box. You can attach several file types, including pictures.

If you want an attached pic to show in your post, there's a trick: After posting read your post and right click the attachment. Choose "Copy link location". Then modify your post, click the "Insert image" farthest left in the tool bar and paste the link location between the bracketed [img]http://commands. Save and the image is in your post for all to see.

Somehow I can't make it work now.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 01:43:58 AM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 11:43:04 AM »

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 11:45:33 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 12:29:45 PM »
Yepp, CptTrips... I managed to do it on another thread in the afternoon, but in the morning it didn't work no matter how many times I tried. I even searched for my earlier posts where I had done that to verify the method.

Anyhow, the trick works.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 01:14:20 PM »
Yepp, CptTrips... I managed to do it on another thread in the afternoon, but in the morning it didn't work no matter how many times I tried. I even searched for my earlier posts where I had done that to verify the method.

Anyhow, the trick works.

Neat trick.  I learned it from the guys posting in the custom skins topic.

However, I've learned how to ref images from my dropbox so now I prefer that as not every topic here allows attachments.

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 01:25:23 PM »
Topic should read "forum"

Only certain forums allow attachments

Posting pictures and using img tag, one can upload pictures to a hosting service and insert them in any forum basically

Hope this helps

TC
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 01:27:12 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2019, 01:30:02 PM »
Speaking about tricks...

As it should be obvious, the file size of images affects the download time so small footprint pictures would be preferred. But how to do that, especially when you're not too familiar with image editors and such?

The tool I've been lately using a lot is the built-in Snipping Tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-10-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots. Not only does it allow for focusing to a detail in the image you want to show, there's also various pens for drawing arrows and circles etc. It works on anything you can stop on your screen, including paused videos. Most importantly, even a full screen size image will usually be much smaller than the original. Just draw a rectangle around the image and save the caption to a desired location. I have the Snipping tool attached on the Task bar for easy access.

Kotisivuni