Author Topic: Operating naval guns, coastal guns ect  (Read 567 times)

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
Operating naval guns, coastal guns ect
« on: September 02, 2019, 01:24:54 AM »
Has anybody figured out how to map the gunner controls while in bombers? All i can do is fire them, i cant figure out how to map my touch controllers so i can control the aim.

Naval guns, same as above except I can traverse left and right but not up or down

Vehicle same as above..

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Operating naval guns, coastal guns ect
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 08:16:21 AM »
The touch controllers are pretty limited in what you can do insofar as programming. There are only so many buttons on them! I don't use them at all, instead using my stick and throttle which are programmed for everything. Still use the mouse to click on stuff.

Try using voice attack. It's a program that'll let you use your voice to toggle many commands. Some I have set up are for bombing like going into calibration, holding the Y key, etc. So that is about impossible to do wearing the Rift S. This program is a must have for VR. The unlimited version is like ten bucks.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 08:47:05 AM »
Has anybody figured out how to map the gunner controls while in bombers? All i can do is fire them, i cant figure out how to map my touch controllers so i can control the aim.

Naval guns, same as above except I can traverse left and right but not up or down

Vehicle same as above..

Check your modes. Try Mode 2 for gunnery.  If modes don't switch automatically, check the auto mode selection box in controller setup.

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 11:27:29 PM »
Update...

Ok, so I've installed voice attack and installed the already trained profile from the greatest pilot from down under, Mr. BTPommy. Works flawlessly (with slight Australian accent lol).

I defaulted the controls and am now able to control everything with the touch controllers.
Still managing the keyboard commands.
I have boxed up my HOTAS and am a touch controller user only. It truly is the ultimate immersion that sets Aces High bounds ahead of anything remotely close. I read somewhere in a reply that "it's almost unfair to be so advantaged over a player using touch controllers."

Well, I guess you do have an advantage when using your head on a 360 swivel via hat switch to see the entire field vs me thats leaning all the way back in my lazy boy recliner as I pull the stick hard back and come over top of you. Thats ok for me, i was never the type to use a perk like that anyway.
For me, the touch controllers gives you the true feel of the slop in flight controls. A Hotas was created for high precision computer controlled modern Jets for one thing and how does the HOTAS replicate a yoke like on the Mossy? In a dogfight however the advantage you have is irrelevant in relation to pilot skill. I have managed to reach a few cutbacks in this learning curve on ace of aces level where all enemy are set to godmode..

The issue I have with the touch controls is the "try not to move controller too quickly" controller lockout glitch that seems to have a conflict in the with the controller tracking code and engaging targets ground or air.  I  the videos I made it looks like im jerking the yoke left to right but im dead steady.
1.) yes, there is a clear and unobstructed field from sensor to controller.
2.) My hands are not below a table as i am chilling in a lazy boy with arms comfortable reating on my thighs.
3.) not too far from sensor
4.) does not ever, not a single occasion, go into lockout mode when flying 15 to 20 minutes to target. That includes flying at 46' playing slalom with trees. But pull up, bank left and BOOM.... dead stick lockout with lovely message too quickly... every time as witnessed by my brothers in BT everytime I fly my favorite plane the Mossy and B25H. Without fail.
5.) ONLY HAPPENS IN PLANES WITH YOKES. NO PROBLEMS IN PLANES WITH FLIGHT STICKS.

BTSAAMIAM