Author Topic: Ki67 convergence  (Read 1501 times)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Re: Ki67 convergence
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2019, 10:50:29 AM »
The different gun positions converge at 500 yards. The individual gun positions have fixed sights parallel to the bore line.

Wow!
It has been a while since I learned something new in this game. Thanks FLS.

That explains what I have been seeing, waiting for a six attack sucker to get to 6-500 and opening up the bullets from a single gun are above or below the crosshairs when they hit.
Pies not kicks.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2019, 01:14:12 PM »
I just learned it myself. I just restated my understanding of what HiTech said to clarify convergence, it's apparently different for gunners vs fighters.

In the flexible gunner's manual I have, the fixed sight is used according to the attack profile and gun position. There is no consideration of range in aiming and no mention of the range it's sighted for. I assume it's similar to the fighter gun ranges. It does say that 600 is max effective range of ammo and 1000 yards is a good start for shooting at a tail chase.

The manual shows common attack profiles so it's a useful resource for attack and defense.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/lWfHerQStbJEBealrejXCWmVflKE0TMX54DS5WCeeNL
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 01:19:16 PM by FLS »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2019, 09:16:38 AM »
If you wait until 500 or 600 in a ki67, you will likely already be burning.

Many planes in game can land hits near 1k out in a tail chase.

The game considers that firing guns out the back of a speeding bomber will yield longer range than if fired forward.

Use it to your advantage.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2019, 04:38:46 PM »
The game considers that firing guns out the back of a speeding bomber will yield longer range than if fired forward.

Use it to your advantage.

I believe the ballistic model is the same in either direction. The effective range difference is from the relative wind and target speed.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 09:43:01 AM »
LOL.....you felt my correct post needed clarifying?   

We all know why it happens.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2019, 10:18:04 AM »
New people read the BB and they have no idea what "the game considers" is supposed to mean. It doesn't sound like correct physics, it could easily mean the opposite, so it's questionable to call your post correct.