Author Topic: H2H Winter Combat is up - Merry Christmas  (Read 721 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
H2H Winter Combat is up - Merry Christmas
« on: December 23, 2021, 10:40:50 PM »
For some, it may be a big download.
It includes 15 default winter GV skins with my idea of whitewashed camo, not from any pictures of WWII vehicles but you'll appreciate them all the same.
If you've ever played on one of Ghostdancer's terrains, then you might have his revised winter ground tiles this terrain uses. If not, that is the biggest part of the download.

I plan on keeping the room open through the month of January. Then we'll see but so far there has been enough activity in the summer room to justify leaving it up.

Please remember that the ack (AAA) is set at x20 the MA's so with more than one hit, and you are dead over either field. This is intentional. Even so, I can take out 2 or 3 ack in a single pass with a fast Spit 9.

I've run all the test I usually run on a custom terrain and while I'm confident there are no issues, I could have forgotten something. If you experience a crash to desktop, please leave me a message in the rooms text buffer or here telling me what happened, and where you were when it happened if possible.

For those wanting to run it in off-line mode or a room of their own, use the .reset 1 2 3 command to reset the countries to the proper order if need be. Nothing can be done to prevent random rotate in a custom arena afaik.

So after all the Christmas company leaves tomorrow night, come try it out. It's running on the server right now.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: H2H Winter Combat is up - Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2021, 03:30:56 AM »
I forgot to mention that Fencer provided at least 2 of the winter skins.

If you have internet service of ~100 Mbps, it isn't a bad download. I know that isn't consider fast by today's standards but some don't have that much yet.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: H2H Winter Combat is up - Merry Christmas
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 12:44:23 PM »
The terrain is still on the server, but I switched the room back to the summer version thinking the download might be putting people off.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001