Author Topic: Fw190 trim  (Read 881 times)

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
Fw190 trim
« on: October 27, 2019, 04:48:12 PM »
Flying in Brookes Anzio scenarionI was tasked to fly a FW190F. Fiters are not and will never be my thing but what the heck, they needed numbers. I found that unlike other fighters I was constantly adjusting the trim. Wep, Alt, nearly affected the trim and hadto be reset. No fun when divebombing. Is this normal for these models? And Im wondering why id has to be reset every flight.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Fw190 trim
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 06:25:36 PM »
I don't know why you're seeing a big difference between fighter aircraft. Trim is balancing different forces and if one force changes you'll need to re-trim in any aircraft.

Since the increase in thrust from WEP is different in different aircraft the amount of trim change needed with WEP will be different.

The real FW-190 didn't have aileron or rudder trim. You could only adjust elevator trim in flight.

Aces High lets you trim all three control axis in flight on all aircraft.

One way to set trim for dive bombing is to dive prior to your target, set trim, then climb again for the attack without resetting your trim.

You can also use trim on angle in the beginning of the dive or pre-trim with manual trim. If you have analog trim levers you can set them to your preferred trim, then over-ride them with the auto trim modes.